front drive shaft tooo short? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so now the front of my fj-60 is sprung over with two inch shackle lift and the springs are pretty flat {not totally} i got about a 7 to 8 inch lift on the front and it looks like my drive shaft is a lil too short..the teeth on the drive shaft are showing about 1/2 to 3/4 of teeth are showing..anyone know if this is too short because others said they had no problem...if it is a lil too short could i just get a spacer? if so anyone know where to get them?

thanks-al

does anyone elses drive shaft looks like that? can you still wheel in 4 wheel like that?

Ah yes well now that you have gotten your truck SOA you are deffinitly going to need to get a new front drive shaft. You should be able to take the one you have to a shop and get in lengthened ~100.00 bucks. BUT you may still run into problems at full articulation were you need a long travel shaft. There are a couple things you can do one is to buy a new driveshaft from some place like tom woods or high angle driveline
or you can make a square front drive shaft...this would not be a good option on a daily driver or if you need to go very fast in 4wd...but it's cheap...

Stew

I had to lengthen mine around 4 inches for a spring swap on my 40. I had a local machine shop weld in a tube that had an ID the same as the OD. Cut your tube, and welded it in for $15. But it's not balanced, that was another $10, but for the front, I figured it wasn't worth it. So far so good. However, if you would rather, I have my old 7/8ths inch aluminum spacer that I used to use. If your interested, contact me. Best of luck either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom