Front Control Arms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking in my parts breakdown book and was wondering the difference between -11/95 and 11/95-. There are two different part #s 48610-60021 and 48610-60022. Also has anybody put a 93 up front axle in a '91?

not sure what you're asking. subject says one thing but question reads like another.

you talking axles or control arms?

OK, I'll take a stab at it:

If your question is "what is different about the control arms?" The answer is the orientation of the bushings that are pressed into them. The "holes" in the bushings were rotated 90 degrees from "up and down" to "side to side". The part numbers of the arms are different because it is not a good idea to mix bushing orientation.
TSB #SU005-96 dated 19 JULY 1996 recommends that replacement bushings installed into earlier arms be installed in the "side to side" manner used in the later part number arms.

As far as the axle housings are concerned, the mounting points are the same for all years 80 production. There are 3 basic housings, 91-92, 93 up W/O diff locks and 93 up W difflocks. The earlier housing does not have ABS harness mounting points.

:cheers: D-

C-dan, you answered my questions perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom