Front brakes - hardware kit and best practices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Formerjeeper

SILVER Star
Threads
Did front brakes for the first time last night with Toyota pads and Dorman hardware kit: More Information for DORMAN HW13345 - https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=967921&cc=1431000&pt=1736

Bought the only one in my city for $50 at local auto parts store ($27 on RockAuto)

Halfway into project I realized the kit has only 2 of the M-shaped pin retainer springs - thought it was just missing the others (4 on the vehicle) but today checked and looks like the kits only come with 2 of these.

I put the new ones at the top and reused the best 2 used M-springs on the bottoms. Good call? Anyone know why the kits seem to come with only 2 of these when 4 needed for complete job?

Also I reused the shims from the back of the used pads, since these weren't included in hardware kit. Applied brake grease between back of pad and pad shim, between pad shim and piston shim, and between piston shim and piston cups. And antiseize to the caliper pins. Any objection to this?

Last edited:
There is only one per caliper. Sounds like the kit was correct by supplying just two for the front.
8F6A3D8C-6FAF-4931-B5C5-7DF028A5D564.jpeg

Thanks. Do you know whether it is supposed to go at the top or the bottom, or whether it matters?
Not sure, but I have two "M" clips per caliper. Runs good! and Stops Good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom