front brakes freeze up. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my front left brake kept freezing up. i would have to get under and crack the bleeder valve to relieve the pressure. i had just rebuilt the brake cylinders on all four.

after being annoyed long enough i cut off the front left tire. now it doesn't freeze up at all :) now the front right one does :(

something upstream of the tires isn't letting the pressure relieve itself. could it be the master cylinder? brake booster?

oh, drums all around.

hhhhmmmm....first guess would be the hose between the frame and the axle....2nd guess would be dirt in the master cylinder cup on that side, causing the residual valve to clog. Clean that first, then check the hoses for cracking/hardness/age and replace as necessary. A bad hose internally can cause fluid problems.

if you had discs front, I'd make sure you removed the residual valve for that circuit, but that doesn't apply in this case...and since it's seizing on both sides, it's more likely not one of the two short axle-to-caliper hoses but the frame-to-axle hose thats the issue. IMO, if you replace one, replace all three while yer in there.

Check for any crimped lines too....cheap-easy visual look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom