Front and rear x-link in a 60-series cruiser ute. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys.
I am looking at putting a front and rear 3-link in my cruiser ute. I am going to use a x-link at the front (which the guys over here in oz have found works awesome), but I also want to run a 3 link with x-link in the rear does anyone have any suggestions as to why it will not work?

here are a couple of photos of a x-link in the front

trialfitx-link.jpg

x-link.jpg

lookd good, but that bolt must take a beating? soild bushing i take it?

im so confused at what im looking at. do you have any more pics from different angle?

lookd good, but that bolt must take a beating? soild bushing i take it?

this is one setup used and this is the bolt:
mountforcrankylink.jpg

PB080014_sized.jpg

the bush used can be different things, some people use trailing arm bushes and some people use johnny joints.

Garbage. 4link & be done.

yeah after asking questions to some people in th know over here in Australia, people are saying front and rear 3-link A-arm setup?

input?

I'm not clear in your question .. why a X link in your rear axle . ? just a 4 link and you are done ..

And just so you know what I am trying to achieve.....

I plan on using coil-overs, and I want more flex than these pictures however I don't want mega flex because I do alot of high speed mud runnng also
100_1515.jpg

uploaded22AUG07313.jpg

100_1923.jpg

1 link, radius arm, and now x-link all fall into the catagory of have terrible squat charactoristics. If the attachment point at the frame is the same or lower than the attachment at the axle it can work alright.

Squat issues in the front are not a huge deal..

Can easily be taken care of with a limit strap..

true, but I was refering to the second part of his post regarding the rear :) Seems like a decent setup for the front

X-link is a great idea for the front. I wouldn't do a x-link rear though. Maybe a 4 link out back?

One of those pics shows the control arms on the top of the axle instead of below as normal? I was told you needed at least 6 inches of lift to keep the arms from hitting if they are on top?

1 link, radius arm, and now x-link all fall into the catagory of have terrible squat charactoristics. If the attachment point at the frame is the same or lower than the attachment at the axle it can work alright.

Why would the attachment point have to be the same or lower? How would that affect the up and down plane of the diff?

X-link is a great idea for the front. I wouldn't do a x-link rear though. Maybe a 4 link out back?

One of those pics shows the control arms on the top of the axle instead of below as normal? I was told you needed at least 6 inches of lift to keep the arms from hitting if they are on top?

On what principle would you not do a x-link in the rear?

I can understand that alot of lift maybe required to fit the radius arms on top of the diff, and I should be able to achieve this. However I am looking @ other options I have to keep the CoG as low as possible.:)
Also I am looking @ the option o widening my front diff 5 1/2" so that will give me a ton more room outside of the chassis.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom