From Toyota of Canada website (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cool. Looks like we get some unique options.

Seems if you get the manual you automatically get the rear diff lock, which is sweet. Too bad the colours are so lame.

I'm glad we will be getting the FJ at the same time as the US. Most articles I read made no mention of Canada and the Toyota.ca website only had the FJ as a Future vehicle up to now.

I don't see it selling well here since the gas is close to $1/L. Since premium is recommended it is going to scare away most people. Real SUV's are a dieing bread in Canada. Just look at th reasale prices of vehicles that get less than 20 USmpg. The market is hot for "Cute Utes" as they drive like cars and get sedan like gas mileage.

It's a great vehicle, a little hoaky, but without a diesel or hybrid it's dead in the water up here. Definitely designed for the US market. Maybe if it had a convertible or solid front axle I would think about buying one. Although if they sell it at less than $30 CDN, it would compete with the Liberty, H3, and Xterra.

Does anybody know the CDN pricing?

My next "new" car will be a mint condition 15 year old JDM Landcruiser :bounce:

I'm with ya there... just waiting for the perfect JDM-81

I think it'll be about $30k CAD, but nothing deffinate yet.

Canadian pricing is in a link, at the bottom of the page Terrax linked, at Toyota Canada.

Just checked out the link.

I like the fact that I can get a manual base model and it comes full-time 4wd and a rear locker for under $30,000 CDN. But realistically I would want the "B" package, but not for $3,500 more. I just need a rear wiper and cruise. Does anybody know how hard it would be to add a rear wiper and cruise from CDAN parts?

Only the base model is a good price. With any options it's basically the same price as an X-terra ($35,948) and Liberty ($30,660). All are IFS with gas guzzling engines.

A FJ Cruiser for the same price as a Liberty/Xterra is still a good price IMHO, as those are in the segment it is meant to compete with, so for the same price you get a better vehicle with much better reliability. :)

I agree, in comparison to a liberty/xterra it is more of a real 4x4, but why can't toyota offer a 4cyl turbo diesel like the Liberty. Then it would be a real consideration.

also what about a diesel rav 4. If they could squeeze 35mpg out of a rav 4 it would make a great commuter car for my wife. I think it would compete well in the subaru market.

j7addict said:
What do you see in the FJ that's more of a real 4x4 than a X?
Probably pretty close to an X-Terra but the new Xterras are around 29K with all the extras.

Bob

1977 FJ40 "MuMu"
1992 FJ80 "Tubbs"

SurfPonto said:
Probably pretty close to an X-Terra but the new Xterras are around 29K with all the extras.

Bob

1977 FJ40 "MuMu"
1992 FJ80 "Tubbs"

So is the FJ

aamiggia said:
Does anybody know how hard it would be to add a rear wiper and cruise from CDAN parts?

Maybe this would be a question to ask after they start selling them to the general public? If anyone ventured an opinion at this stage it would be a guess.

Has anyone checked the TIS site lately to see if the FSM for the FJC is available? There is a slim chance they may release the manual ahead of the vehicle.

-B-

you know the base manual model has everything I would want. $30k is a little steep but not too bad. trouble is there is a 100% chance the wife will think it is too ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom