Fridge -> Portable Battery Connection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have tried searching for this but honestly not sure exactly what to search for. I have an Iceco fridge/freeze and a Bluetti portable battery. Has anyone or does anyone make a 12v connection that would use the 12v/10A vs the Cigarette connection? Thanks in advance.

1626713601347.png

That 12V/10A you are referring to are the little pin connectors I take it? Those are pretty common with chargers. Of course, you can (make or) buy just about any type of connecting cable. Those little connectors are not the easiest to make yourself, they are compact and you'll likely need soldering but they are out there. I suggest to check ebay, chinese parts like that are dirt cheap (but it can take a month or 2 to get to you), and you can often buy a cable just to get the connector you need and then solder or crimp it to another one.

added: just did a quick google search out of curiosity. Used "12v connector power pin" and they came up right on the first page. Amazon and others. Pigtails, which are easier to deal with than just the connector alone. But check the current rating.

Last edited:
Thank you @e9999 I found those as well and would/will be the route I take. I was wondering if there is anything out there or if anyone else had created that cord with success. The cigarette-style has a fuze which I think I would want. Don't love the loose feel of the cigarette style. Also thought I would leverage an Anderson connector to make it easy/secure to swap from the portable battery from the house battery. Will see what I can come up with.

Thanks again.

some of those cigarette lighter male connectors have very strong springs on the center pin and tend to wriggle out with time. Not great for a fridge. So, yes, it's good to keep an eye on them and perhaps better to replace them with something else. If you have access to the back of that front plate, you could just replace the cigarette lighter connector with a couple of PPs.

Thanks for the input. I have been thinking about running 4ga cable to the back of my truck and then using something like this 2.1mm Right Angle DC Coaxial Power Plug to Powerpole Adapter 6 ft. - https://powerwerx.com/21mm-angle-coaxial-powerpole-adapter will also put in a fuse block.

Now I am wondering if I am overthinking it.

Ideally, I would like a way to charge the power station and run the fridge while driving, and then have a quick way to use the PS while camping/overnight. Pretty sure factory wiring to the cigarette outlet in the back will not support what much power.

Thanks for the input. I have been thinking about running 4ga cable to the back of my truck and then using something like this 2.1mm Right Angle DC Coaxial Power Plug to Powerpole Adapter 6 ft. - https://powerwerx.com/21mm-angle-coaxial-powerpole-adapter will also put in a fuse block.

Now I am wondering if I am overthinking it.

Ideally, I would like a way to charge the power station and run the fridge while driving, and then have a quick way to use the PS while camping/overnight. Pretty sure factory wiring to the cigarette outlet in the back will not support what much power.
I'm planning on charging my bluetti with the charger in the back while driving with the fridge plugged into the bluetti.
I used this extension (had to trim some plastic for a solid connection) to get it from the 12v outlet in the back to the bluetti.

i was going to do anderson plugs and all that and just decided i'm putting in way too much thought into this for now. i just want to get it working and see from there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom