Fridge install ideas. (Easy to remove/install) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks,
I have a 200 Series which is my everyday driver. I have kids and dogs so keeping the fridge and/or a drawer system isn't in the cards for me currently as I need my 3rd row of seats pretty often.

I am hoping someone can suggest or show me a solution to mount the fridge slide to either an easy to remove drawer system or simply a plywood deck. setup for an easy to drop in. I live in Southern California so I would like to have some type of wood deck to mount to. Ultimately, I am hoping to easily remove everything on Sunday night so I'm ready to hit the school carpool om Monday.....

Thanks in advance!

I set my ARB elements on the passenger side rear, right on the cargo mat. I made a small pelican case with my solar charge controller, a volt gauge, a cigarette outlet, 2 usb outlets, and a fridge outlet. Then I ran some nice power wire from the battery to the back, terminated with an Anderson plug.

When I want a fridge, I plug in this box and then plug in my fridge. When I use the solar I plug it into the box. When I am commuting, I just unplug it all and tuck the wiring back under the trim in back.

Would you prefer to buy something or DIY? Goose Gear has a platform you can buy. People here have built homemade versions of the same. Some drawer systems are fairly easy to remove - the Reef boxes in my rig are pretty easy to take out.

I set my ARB elements on the passenger side rear, right on the cargo mat. I made a small pelican case with my solar charge controller, a volt gauge, a cigarette outlet, 2 usb outlets, and a fridge outlet. Then I ran some nice power wire from the battery to the back, terminated with an Anderson plug.

When I want a fridge, I plug in this box and then plug in my fridge. When I use the solar I plug it into the box. When I am commuting, I just unplug it all and tuck the wiring back under the trim in back.
If you have some time, I'd love to see some pics of your setup!

Would you prefer to buy something or DIY? Goose Gear has a platform you can buy. People here have built homemade versions of the same. Some drawer systems are fairly easy to remove - the Reef boxes in my rig are pretty easy to take out.

Likely looking to buy a drawer system as I don't have the werewithall to build one. I'm just mechanically inclined enough to cut some 5/8 plywood to shape and mount something to that...... (maybe) lol

Most inportantly I need it to be easy to install and remove.

I found a fridge that fits behind the deployed third row. There are a couple that will fit. This, in conjunction with a small ‘solar generator’ is good for two plus days of not driving, and unlimited as long as you drive four hours a day to recharge the battery.

Likely looking to buy a drawer system as I don't have the werewithall to build one. I'm just mechanically inclined enough to cut some 5/8 plywood to shape and mount something to that...... (maybe) lol

Most inportantly I need it to be easy to install and remove.
I went the home made route.
Pic 2.jpg

Allows me to remove the Fridge inside of a couple minutes or keep it in place while still utilizing one side of the 3rd row seating. As I am sure may others have done, I secured the slide to two of the four large floor anchor points with U-bolts and mounted the National Luna Weekender 50L to their base plate.

I think mounting a fridge slide to the 3rd row seat anchors and using a power station like the Goal Zero Yeti 200X / 500X or Jackery Explorer 300 is about as easy as you can get.

Hi folks,
I have a 200 Series which is my everyday driver. I have kids and dogs so keeping the fridge and/or a drawer system isn't in the cards for me currently as I need my 3rd row of seats pretty often.

I am hoping someone can suggest or show me a solution to mount the fridge slide to either an easy to remove drawer system or simply a plywood deck. setup for an easy to drop in. I live in Southern California so I would like to have some type of wood deck to mount to. Ultimately, I am hoping to easily remove everything on Sunday night so I'm ready to hit the school carpool om Monday.....

Thanks in advance!

Sideways fridge slide: Fridge slide Sideways - DFG Offroad Accessories

What is the fridge mounted to? Is it on a slide system? Also, Is the carpeted area in the back something you made? It looks thinker than what I have..

The Engel mounting plate is NOT a slide. I positioned the color so it would open up inside the LC.. the plate allows you to push a button and remove the fridge very easy.. the 3/4 wood base is what you see under the fridge+plate. I cut the holes and slot so the right 3rd row could become a seat without removing anything..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom