Fridge in truck bed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thinking about putting a fridge in the bed of my truck. Anybody ever have issues with critters trying or succeeding to get into it? I eventually will be putting a rack and RTT and am wondering if the fridge directly below is the best place for it.

Yeah, 2 legged critters are a big problem when there's cold beer in the fridge...

cheers,
george.

I listened in on a conversation along this line today at the California RV Show. There are a few companies entering the "Off Road" market, so they think, and while I was reviewing an A-Liner off road trailer, a customer asked the manufacturer's rep if the pop-out-overhead-bed covers would disqualify the trailer for camping at Yosemite. Tent trailers are verboten there, even if Obaama hadn't shut it down anyway.

So, to respond to the question responsibly: no. Critters can, and will, destroy it. If they can smell it, they will want to eat it. A pic-a-nic basket is just that. Yogi Bear. Go study a bear proof trash dumpster.

They cost, that's for sure! But the ARB fridge freezers are super cool. I'm pretty sure that if closed it ain't smelling. it would take a while for a bear to get in there but would eventually. Not so with bugs. yet, who has that sort of cash?

as far as bear etc access is concerned, an electric fridge is not any different than a regular ice cooler I would think. IOW, an invitation for supper!

Bump

Has anyone tried an electric fence hot wire, used for cattle, as a perimeter guard to keep bears and critters out of the expensive fridge/freezer? Seems I've read about the idea before but has anyone field tested it?

I'm thinking about treating myself to an ARB but have nightmares about bears though haven't had any to date with a cooler! Could be the more expensive your kit the greater likely hood of damage. Murphy's Law #37.

Bump

Has anyone tried an electric fence hot wire, used for cattle, as a perimeter guard to keep bears and critters out of the expensive fridge/freezer? Seems I've read about the idea before but has anyone field tested it?

I'm thinking about treating myself to an ARB but have nightmares about bears though haven't had any to date with a cooler! Could be the more expensive your kit the greater likely hood of damage. Murphy's Law #37.

more likely is that with a fridge you are inclined to bringing along this fine ribeye with a wonderful smell of raw premium meat... Bears are omnivors... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom