Dometic Fridge Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ATwoZ

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm looking at buying a Dometic CFX3 75DZ with known issues. According to the seller the larger side works and cools exactly as expected, but the smaller side does not seem to cool and the physical area seems to get hot.

The seller is discounting accordingly, is this something you all have seen before? Would it be fixable? I don't mind doing some DIY on a fridge, but also not interested in something that half works, but takes up that much space.

Well there is only 1 comp so it is cooling apparently. Probably a zone control issue either the control comp has failed or the temp sensor for that zone is bad ( most likely) also check the relay that opens/shuts the non working zone.

Well there is only 1 comp so it is cooling apparently. Probably a zone control issue either the control comp has failed or the temp sensor for that zone is bad ( most likely) also check the relay that opens/shuts the non working zone.

Interesting...didn't realize it was just one compressor. Where would I check those things? Are those difficult things to fix/repair?

From their demo vid it looks like the mech compartment is accesible, I did not review the manual but it is easy to find on their site.
Have you downloaded the app ? says it has a diagnostic tool. Also says you can power with AC, DC, or solar which leads one to believe it may have a built in solar control on the dc input but I doubt it so dont quite understand that claim. The manuals should have a diag. trouble shooting guide if the app doesnt tell you whats up.

From their demo vid it looks like the mech compartment is accesible, I did not review the manual but it is easy to find on their site.
Have you downloaded the app ? says it has a diagnostic tool. Also says you can power with AC, DC, or solar which leads one to believe it may have a built in solar control on the dc input but I doubt it so dont quite understand that claim. The manuals should have a diag. trouble shooting guide if the app doesnt tell you whats up.
Didn't realize there was diagnosis in app will see if I can figure anything out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom