Free standing treehouse build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today’s cut list and drawn ‘plans’ for the house. I do better thinking it and drawing vs following off the shelf plans.

IMG_4214.jpeg

One wall done, three more to go! Nailing plywood before raising the wall is way easier vs trying to nail it from a ladder.

IMG_4215.jpeg

Geez, how a month for the rent? Will it come with cable and wi-fi? 👍

Geez, how a month for the rent? Will it come with cable and wi-fi? 👍
Wifi for sure! Wife says no TV but there will be one. For power I’m thinking a couple power strips that I can run an extension cord to from my shop when needed. I’ve got an outdoor plug on the back corner of the shop so it’s super close.

Bidet? I'm thinking that's a given at this point. In all seriousness, holy s*** McMabe. Great work.

Only one window? Jeez, could be nicer. Lol

IMG_4220.jpeg
IMG_4221.jpeg
Got the other two walls mostly framed. Need to add plywood to the short wall, stand it up and then finish the front wall. I ran out of room to build the front wall…hindsight, so I’ll add the last two studs once it’s in place.

Would’ve had all this done but ran out of steam and decided to quit early for beverages / rest.

Walls are up, top plate nailed and side wall windows cutout. Hope to have time tomorrow evening to get plywood installed on the front wall and start cutting rafters. It is going to suck getting the roof sheathing installed.

IMG_4229.jpeg
IMG_4230.jpeg
IMG_4231.jpeg

Plywood up on the front wall and windows cutout! Got my rafter template done, one cut and up. Will get the others cut and up tomorrow with hopefully time Friday morning for sheathing and roof paper before the rain comes.

I’ve decided to add a 2’ish cantilevered roof on the front for looks primarily.

Considering going with a metal roof vs shingles but still waffling.

Once I get the roof on, I’m going to switch gears and put up some temporary railings.

IMG_4233.jpeg
IMG_4232.jpeg
IMG_4234.jpeg

I wish our builders cared so much. 👍

Doesn’t require child locks but lmk if you need some.

Plan to buy some scaffolding and a safety harness tomorrow. Also will get OSB for roof sheathing in hopes of getting it installed before the rain…depends on how late I stay up watching the NCSU game tonight.

IMG_4237.jpeg
IMG_4238.jpeg
IMG_4239.jpeg

nice work, but....no jack studs supporting the headers? not knocking your work , your fit and finish is better than most I see.

nice work, but....no jack studs supporting the headers? not knocking your work , your fit and finish is better than most I see.
Edit…yeah, learned something new! Would’ve been easy if I knew! Maybe I need to study and take the contractor exam.

Last edited:
Well…this sucked. After cutting reliefs, bending, screwing…board split at the last bend. :bang:

Next attempt will be using plywood 3 layers, glued and screwed.

IMG_4248.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom