frantz filter installed on my 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=instigator link=board=2;threadid=3858;start=0#msg28357 date=1058891752]
i though i might share this with you guys . please, no rotflyao :D and please have an open mind http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000803
[/quote]

In all serousness, I have my doubts about how effective these things really are. Check out this link on Bob is the Oil Guy for a discussion of these filters. http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000140#000024

Basically, I feel that by having to change the TP every 3,000 miles and add a quart, you are in essence doing a slow oil change. For the cost of the bypass, the hassle of changing it, I think synthetic every 7500 is a better way to go.

Cary

yeh i've seen that post. the whole purpose is basically to have clean oil all of the time instead of the oil gradually getting dirty in the course of the drop intervals. i only have to change the filter element and add a quart. in the logic of the guy thar wanted to just remove a quart of the old oil and add a new quart, was your adding to the dirty oil where by the bypassing filtering system you also clean the oil as you go.
and by adding a new quart you were also adding the needed additives as they are probably being depleted by the constant use of the oil.

i look at it this way, about $4 for the quart of oil $.50 - $1.00 for the filter element for 2k-3k miles beats the $25-30 for a change of oil at 10k or in most driveways 5k-7.5k for synthetic i save in the long run and get cleaner oil to boot

>> ... and by adding a new quart you were also adding the needed additives ... <<

I've heard that snake oil is the perfect solution for replenishing the additives. Never tried it though. ;)
-B-

i have a 3-stacker on the side of my bus, which doubles the oil capacity of the engine, and a single TP filter on the fuel line. Both Frantz. Its some seriously hd equipment, so we'll see just how long the old bj runs for before a rebuild/i chuck it. Its at about 450000k atm and running like new.

sam

I was surprised to see this post. When I pinged the gulfcoastfilters.com, site, I saw the pic / comments of a friend of mine who is the owner of that Pepsi distributor featured...goes to the same church I do. I had to call him to inquire.

Well, he in fact runs the TP filters in his trucks, and has been for some time. He basically confirmed that his maintenance costs are down on all fleet vehicles, and has nothing but good things to say about these things.

I'm still skeptical,....but, since the filter distributor is a couple of miles from my office, I may go take a look. FYI.

i tell ya, if we all would do this modification our cars (engines) would last longer, our oil usage would be down, and we would have more dough in the wallet for other stuff (and no -B- it wouldnt be for another engine ::)) not to mention its better for the environment

i'm getting the gulf coast 01jr for the cruiser. its cheaper ,more durable. and the changing of the filter isnt messy (although the frantz isnt that messy, but the way it would be mounted in the cruiser it would make a helava mess inside the engine bay)

i think this will be a kinda mission for me, trying to convert the oil droppers :D

and the link for the bypass filters is wrong the link is www.bypassfilter.com also go to www.fuelpolishing.com it is very informative

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom