Frame compatibility between years 98-07

Visit site
What happened to the frame? Odd that body is in such a great condition that you are willing to go through the expense of frame swap!
This car has lived it's whole life in the northeast and has some rust damage. Not sure yet if I need a donor frame or not but wanted to start understanding what donor years I could consider if needed. The frame repair guy hasn't looked at it yet, next week.

ClassyJalopy

Meanwhile...
SILVER Star
Visit site
My old 98 lived in WI/IL all its life and suffered with rust issues, but that typically affects the body a lot too. Mine had large sections just rusting to dust behind front and rear wheel arches!

This car has lived it's whole life in the northeast and has some rust damage. Not sure yet if I need a donor frame or not but wanted to start understanding what donor years I could consider if needed. The frame repair guy hasn't looked at it yet, next week.

hoser

SILVER Star
Visit site
I've looked through part numbers before and they change through the years. I can't tell the difference myself and there never has been an issue as far as bolt on mods. However, when I don't know, the best resource I've found is <car-parts.com>. I think they utilize two car part interchange services. The differences are likely small, maybe a change in brake line mounts, AHC bracket or something like that. If you are swapping out the frames, it's probably something you could easily handle.

Anyway, generally, the categorizes are:

98-02 LC/LX
03-04.05 LC
03-04.05 LX
06-07 (w/ and w/o AHC are different)

hoser

SILVER Star
Visit site
I would be really surprised if the AHC frames have a different part number because of all the mounting tabs for the AHC hardware, etc.
Surprise…

2006 LC
FBAB5C5F-8A33-4479-859F-2EF3BBFB829D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom