Frame compatibility between years 98-07 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a donor frame for my 98 but unclear which years are compatible. I believe the 98 frame is the same through 2/2002 but looking for confirmation. thanks

What happened to the frame? Odd that body is in such a great condition that you are willing to go through the expense of frame swap!

What happened to the frame? Odd that body is in such a great condition that you are willing to go through the expense of frame swap!
This car has lived it's whole life in the northeast and has some rust damage. Not sure yet if I need a donor frame or not but wanted to start understanding what donor years I could consider if needed. The frame repair guy hasn't looked at it yet, next week.

Are there certain model years more/less prone to rust? (Tacoma had a few years very prone to rust and then Toyota fixed it.) What about 200 series vs. 100 series?
Thanks!

My old 98 lived in WI/IL all its life and suffered with rust issues, but that typically affects the body a lot too. Mine had large sections just rusting to dust behind front and rear wheel arches!

This car has lived it's whole life in the northeast and has some rust damage. Not sure yet if I need a donor frame or not but wanted to start understanding what donor years I could consider if needed. The frame repair guy hasn't looked at it yet, next week.

Are there certain model years more/less prone to rust? (Tacoma had a few years very prone to rust and then Toyota fixed it.) What about 200 series vs. 100 series?
Thanks!
Not that I’m aware of.

I might be in the same boat. Where do people typically find donor frames? Or just try to order new from toyota?

I've looked through part numbers before and they change through the years. I can't tell the difference myself and there never has been an issue as far as bolt on mods. However, when I don't know, the best resource I've found is <car-parts.com>. I think they utilize two car part interchange services. The differences are likely small, maybe a change in brake line mounts, AHC bracket or something like that. If you are swapping out the frames, it's probably something you could easily handle.

Anyway, generally, the categorizes are:

98-02 LC/LX
03-04.05 LC
03-04.05 LX
06-07 (w/ and w/o AHC are different)

My old 98 lived in WI/IL all its life and suffered with rust issues, but that typically affects the body a lot too. Mine had large sections just rusting to dust behind front and rear wheel arches!
Amazingly the body on mine is in great shape with very small amount of work. But the frame is a much different story.

I would be really surprised if the AHC frames have a different part number because of all the mounting tabs for the AHC hardware, etc.

I would be really surprised if the AHC frames have a different part number because of all the mounting tabs for the AHC hardware, etc.
Surprise…

2006 LC
FBAB5C5F-8A33-4479-859F-2EF3BBFB829D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom