Four Days stuck in 1st and 2nd gear low Range (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:cool: We really haven't wheeled together..... ever? Just a couple times I guess - one time where I stuck a poplar branch through my sidewall.

Yeah truly amazing that Charla is actually thinking about wheeling in BC!

Yeah truly amazing that Charla is actually thinking about wheeling in BC!

And.... if I can make monkeys fly out my ass I'll do it again Sept. Long. It's not looking doable though. :beer::beer:

Speaking of ass monkeys, I'm trying to get RockDoc to come out on Aug. Long. :)

rocdoc this trail will knock your soc off. I garuntee you will be impressed, I will show you some nice sea shells in the rocks and you can bring them to the campfire at night and tell us all about them as we drink our faces off ;)

Charla tell your roomie to come too if she can handle the hardcore camping ;)

Dammit, I want to, but that's a long way to go, and would require a week or so off work. :frown:

I'll have to ponder a bit. I would rather get out wheeling with you guys than head south. :hmm:

Don't worry gang this ain't the last time we are going in there, there will be more. and it you wait long enough bonus will be less bushwacking ;)

and it you wait long enough bonus will be less bushwacking ;)

But that's half the fun :)

Is Aug Long your last trip out there this year?

Yeah it looks that way, we were going to go in September long too, but I have a buddy getting married that weekend and I'm in the wedding party (4th time in the 5 weddings I've been to) so Adams a little pissed I am bailing on him.
Cheers,
Deny

Oh the truck is capable enough, I stuck lockers in both ends this spring, and I have yet to find something that the 35"claws have a problem with. Driving skill of course is questionable! :eek::lol:

The problem is sticking me, Denise, the three kids and three dogs into an extra cab Toy. I really need to get the 55 going.

Brad

Few more. Starting out on the trail just by trail head, Adam letting his muts run, and the trailer following closley behind.:hillbilly:
IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0014.jpg
IMG_0026.jpg

some more, starting out on the trail, adam dropping into the first river crossing and starting across.
IMG_0011.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_0019.jpg

more, Adam climbing out of the second river crossing, me taking some pictures near the top of my hike/run/training where I nearly made summit but ran out of time of a 7000+m mountain where we were camped around 2 or 3000?, Then adam bush wacking
IMG_0033.jpg
IMG_0039.jpg
IMG_0044.jpg

More bushwacking, adam flopped and luckly held up by a tree needing a tug out, then a cool little creek wash out onto the road to make a bit of rock crawling fun.
IMG_0047.jpg
IMG_0048.jpg
IMG_0059.jpg

Just cause everyone likes pictures ;) The last KM of the trail was cleared by the quadders so it is a bit tight but better than the 5 km before that, only every now and then they didn't clear wide enough for a truck and there is a big thick willow branch ready to smack the side of the truck when your not looking. Then coming back through the burnt forest which was a lot clearer than the first half of the trail burnt forrest.
IMG_0060.jpg
IMG_0061.jpg
IMG_0062.jpg

Will I need a winch? I have to get a non-flood related weekend so that I can put mine back together.

Not really as long as Adam and mine work, it is more of a convinience and makes some recoverys a lot faster but there are a few places on this trail that if none of our trucks didn't have one we wouldn't be making it in or out. Adams cable fell off, so we had to do a bit of pully action a few times off my winch cause I was in behind, but then at the river crossing my hook blew off while I was winching him up, so while I was re-attaching, he put on his cable and then we did a double winch to get him out of the river. You just need to be as prepared as you can be going in here, as we've seen the trail in easy, but all of a sudden there is a down pour and the rivers rise by a foot and all the mud climbs become almost impassable.

Maybe I'll buy some lottery tickets this week. :hmm:

Not really as long as Adam and mine work, it is more of a convinience and makes some recoverys a lot faster but there are a few places on this trail that if none of our trucks didn't have one we wouldn't be making it in or out. Adams cable fell off, so we had to do a bit of pully action a few times off my winch cause I was in behind, but then at the river crossing my hook blew off while I was winching him up, so while I was re-attaching, he put on his cable and then we did a double winch to get him out of the river. You just need to be as prepared as you can be going in here, as we've seen the trail in easy, but all of a sudden there is a down pour and the rivers rise by a foot and all the mud climbs become almost impassable.

Just you saying this shows how little you've wheeled with me dude. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom