Found this on the 3FE block I didn’t know existed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So while cleaning 30 years of oily sludgy mung off the 3FE I found something I’ve never noticed before. (photos below)

The transmission cooler lines have been permanently removed so I’m removing all brackets etc associated with them. The oil pan is also off for clean up and new gasket, which is mostly how I noticed this.

.....EDIT.....geez!! while typing this I just realized this has to be the port for a mechanical fuel pump on the 3FE block. Assuming it is for the carb’d 3F version.
That’s what it is right??

I’ve been wondering all day whythehell there is a big hole in the 3FE block. LOL.

I was just going to remove the two bolts and bracket and leave them off, then realized the bolt holes go all the way through the block next to the cam. That would have been bad.

Photos anyway....
Bolts reinstalled after bracket removed:

07F064ED-211E-43B8-8E63-4DDE27E9493A.jpeg

The bracket, with lots of preservant on it:

0A718C5E-82A2-4668-80E2-790675BE5AD6.jpeg

The hole and cover plate inside the block:

F1F24A84-94F8-4F1E-8213-DBA1E96AACD9.jpeg

that is for the manual fuel pump, overseas they had carbed 3F's that used a manual fuel pump, same as 2F's.
the block is the same for 3F or 3FE, so a cover plate was installed.

that is for the manual fuel pump, overseas they had carbed 3F's that used a manual fuel pump, same as 2F's.
the block is the same for 3F or 3FE, so a cover plate was installed.

Yep thanks, it never dawned on me the US 3FE block would accommodate a mechanical fuel pump.
I’m just glad I figured out to reinstall the bolts. It will get cleaned and I’ll add some blue thread lock to those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom