Found 1995 LC with 89K miles... Any thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings all,

I have found a 1995 LC with 89K miles on it and asking price is $11,500.
Interior, engine, trans... seems very clean all around. But I have one concern...
which I need your expertise... It has been REPAINTED. Don't know why yet!
I will certainly run CARFAX just to be sure. But is CARFAX engouh? what should I do?
Should I just get it? Don't want to pass this opportunity... It's getting too hard to
find a LC...
Help!

Thanks in advance.

That is low mileage (10K miles a year), plus the repaint would make me wonder about the odm. being rolled back. Car fax might give you a clue, plus general condition. I would have a mechanic check it out with an eye on damage and what he thought the true mileage might be. Good luck

Try to get a look under the carpets. Look for mud and sand. It may have been flood damaged otherwise expect it to be in a collision.

Run as fast as you can in the other direction until you find a pre-95. They are better. :D

Seriously though, it was probably damaged by hail or wrecked.

My vehicle was re-finished because of clear-coat failure on the horizontal panels. No body damage of any kind, ever. (Ok one door ding :flipoff2: ) Due to Toyota's requirement that adjacent panels be "blended" it was easier and about the same ammount of money to refinish the entire vehicle. I de-trimmed it and re-assembled it after the body shop was done. Toyota paid for the refinish as a good will ( they liked me, I guess :rolleyes: ) and I supplied the sweat equity in prep/reassembly to get the whole vehicle painted instead of just the affected panels. The body shop did ok because they didn't have to mess around tinting the spots to get them to match the original paint. As it was, they would have painted the hood and roof panel and would have had to blend into the fenders and the upper tailgate and the quarter panels and the windshield cowl. Leaving unpainted the doors, lower tailgate and gravel shield.

So, I traded labor for color on those panels and everybody was happy..... :D

Thank you guys...
Anyways, I just got off the phone with a sale's rep and this is what he said
about the repaint...

" :doh:Really dunno... maybe the previous owner didn't like the color..."

Do you guys really think so too?

[quote author=hkimsoft link=board=2;threadid=9374;start=msg81744#msg81744 date=1072747113]
Thank you guys...
Anyways, I just got off the phone with a sale's rep and this is what he said
about the repaint...

" :doh:Really dunno... maybe the previous owner didn't like the color..."

Do you guys really think so too?

[/quote]

what color is it now? and what color before?

Color changed from Green -->> Gray

I think I may have to pass this... :'(

Thanks guys for all your support...
:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom