Forum search not working (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The feature for searching a particular forum, say the 100 series forum, is not working properly. After typing a keyword in the search box and selecting “this forum” the results include threads from several different forums throughout the site, not just 100 series forum. Hope this makes sense.

I don’t even see search this forum as an option anymore. This is via iOS 13.x on iPhone and iPad.
85D56EFF-7395-41C8-A535-9BAD7EDE6ACB.png

53476842-F170-494C-ADA6-E7BAB6FFB65A.png

Same issue x 4-5 days. This issue is mentioned in a current chat thread also. I deselect "everywhere" and choose "this forum" and it still searches everywhere. I'm on an android, but searching on my desktop gives the same result.

appears Advanced Search is working properly....general search is not. I'll dig into it and see what needs to be fixed, likely a developer issue.

Thanks, Woody!

General search isn't working properly. Advanced will get you forum specific results. All results pages appear to be limited to 2 pages on both web and mobile. Very difficult to search these last few days. Thanks @woody

Having the same issue myself. No matter what i select for search results it shows the entire site results. There is an alternate conversation on this thread about it:

Having the same issue myself. No matter what i select for search results it shows the entire site results. There is an alternate conversation on this thread about it:

I started the thread in Chat I did not realize that this section existed until it was linked. I am still having the same search issues even after updating my soon to be outdated Windows 7 computer to a Windows 10 version. I appreciate you looking into Woody.

The developer is still chasing a solution, their latest update caused the issues.

The search "This thread" feature isn't working either.

Another search issue here....

Was aware of the ‘location’ failure (this thread, this forum, everywhere) of the search utility but have been suffering through the additional returned hits from all over the forum regardless of advanced search or not. But encountered this now as well.

After getting to page 4-5 of search returns when i hit back to go back to the search results it changes formats and only lists 1 to 2 pages of even less relevant options?

Searching shift selenoids in 80s tech forum only and get multiple pages in this format with results from All forums.
1BBEB4D5-673A-4C60-A9EB-AE6B929568C6.png

Then after about 4-5 pages when i hit back it goes to this format and only has 2 pages that dont include the threads that were previously returned
B272154D-CB18-4337-A44A-C35AC483CAB9.png

I just disabled the plugin that's causing the issue. May not bother to reinstall, since they aren't timely with the fix.

It works! At least for the "this thread" feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom