Forest service road closures up north. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star
Threads
Received a email from the Coconino National Forest Mogollon district office. Starting tomorrow all forest service roads in the area will be closed. Same with the Flagstaff district and some areas of the Apache Sitgreaves forest. I know bull elk season starts Friday, if you have a permit might want do some research what will be open. Snow play area on SR-87 and junction of SR-260 is permanently closed. Limited parking on the highway. No parking allowed around junction of SR-87 and SR-260 up on the rim.

Received a email from the Coconino National Forest Mogollon district office. Starting tomorrow all forest service roads in the area will be closed. Same with the Flagstaff district and some areas of the Apache Sitgreaves forest. I know bull elk season starts Friday, if you have a permit might want do some research what will be open. Snow play area on SR-87 and junction of SR-260 is permanently closed. Limited parking on the highway. No parking allowed around junction of SR-87 and SR-260 up on the rim.
Any id a why they are closing them all?

Mogollan Rim trails always close for the winter - nothing new

Mogollan Rim trails always close for the winter - nothing new
Ahhhok, I was fearing it was trail closures like we were seeing back East for a while. Forestry Service knee jerked and simply closed area due to ORV abuse and misuse. It was mainly the ATV and SxS folks with coolers full of beer strapped to the back that did it. They mowed down fences and blazed new trail all while marking territory with brands of cheap beer cans. There were a few groups that lobbyed to keep them open and we organized trail cleanups and the like. In the end, the closures did nothing to keep the yabos out and some areas were permanently closed to ORV use. It was a frustrating scenario all caused by a small percentage of a-holes. Rant over, just glad it isn't the same here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom