Foreign Mods..cause they are interesting. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just poking around the net..and came across these.

452892_15_full.jpg

CLEAR side turn signals & stock? running boards?

452892_16_full.jpg

REar tire carrier (?? looks like something off a blazer..is this stock?)

452892_36_full.jpg

Really COOL center console ELEC COOLER option! (SOR has one for sale in its clearance area) and the GRAB HANDLE on the PS Dash.

452892_31_full.jpg

another pic of that grab handle

452892_14_full.jpg

Those headlight washers & that third side mirror on the DS front corner of the hood...what are those there for anyways?

later
Joe

That is an interesting vehicle.

A couple things:

The tire carrier is OEM, the cool box is OEM.

The little mirror on the fender is OEM. This vehicle has been converted to left hand drive. If you study the photos you will see that the RH door panel has a difflock warning label on it. in addition, the auto trans shifter is to the right of the transfer lever instead of to the left.
The windshield wipers are still configured for RHD and the little mirror is on the left fender to aid the operator Of a RHD vehicle to see more of the left side. The headlamp washers are also OEM.
Also note that the e-brake handle can't be seen as it is on the "wrong" side of the console.

D-

C-dan..you are like SHERLOCK HOLMES!! :D

I just thought the rear tire carrier was odd..BUT, someone spent a lot of $$$ to convert the steering on that.

YO S.A.

I got your grab handle right here. :flipoff2: :slap:

All that stuff has been hashed a ton.

The headlight washers could be cool, if you could turn them around for giving yourself a quick clean in case you needed to make a quick woods drop while on trail. :whoops: :slap: :flipoff2:

You didn't mention that snazzy grill though. :eek: :flipoff2: :D :D

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=7572;start=msg63368#msg63368 date=1068876107]
The headlight washers could be cool, if you could turn them around for giving yourself a quick clean in case you needed to make a quick woods drop while on trail.
[/quote]

Kind of like a backwoods bidet? Making sure the Hershey highway is clean at all times is tops on your priority list I see.
HMMM :flipoff2:

14Nov2003 (UTC -7)

Apparently, the Japanese sell their 'Cruisers at a very cheap price after a certain age/mileage to the Philippines (with high tax import rates). The local mechanics still do make a nice profit converting to LHD, with www.sor.com as their main supplier of parts.

I'd hate to drive that 'Cruiser. If the work was not so thorough in converting all the details (including the important wipers), I betcha the rest of the mechanical conversion parts are s*** (like the steering, for example).

The best 'Cruiser imports are ones from Saudi Arabia and/or Europe (i.e. original LHD units).

Of course this is an asian model with only a few TOY options. Such a rig you can't sell here in Thailand because it isn't fully loaded, nothing in front (look like naked). Since it has the cool box it will have the rear AC too. Otherwise it looks from the side like my rig. :cheers:

Mike

I know..i know..these mods have been talked aobut...i was just bored. I DO like that front grille..kind of. it is custom work though.

Hey Junk...My kid wants to give you something..see pic below :D

there was a guy in CA last year takin right hand drive 80's, making them left hand and selling them, I think Ebay or SOR is where I saw them. Seems like alot of work.....

John H

I was quoted 12-15k making Japanese RHD 80's('95 and '96) road worthy in the US(gasoline only). That's what made me give up on the idea of exporting/importing them and start considering engine/tranny swap more seriously.

BTW, console cooler box was available w/o rear AC in Japan(only FZJ, which came with three-row seats, had rear AC) and 1hd/1hz could be had with cooler box, too(optional), but no rear AC available for them.

mot

Mot,

you are right. Of course you can get rear AC only with 3rd row seats, otherwise useless, or? I think you have shown our US boys many options already. Maybe you should export all this items to the US. Looks like there is a market.

Personally I would not buy a rig like this that is changed only half way.

Do have the writings VX LIMITED on the side in the US too???

Mike

Useless? I regularly use my van's rear AC for passengers in the second row even when there aren't any passenger's in the third row. It is very useful when very hot/cold to get the vehicle warm/cool quicky. It's just nice to have. ;)

Yes, it would be nice to be able to help out the fellow board members by providing them with necessary parts for rear AC and/or cool box. I have never turned down anyone who has expressed intereste in receiving my assistance for their obtaining Japanese parts so far. However, I'm afraid that the plumming, as well as some other necessary components are pain in the butt(if impossible?) to disassemble and install. :-[ I've heard it a couple of times now that rear AC/cooler box kits have been available from SOR, but have not found them there personally.

:cheers:

mot

Mot,

I think all the times we don't understand one another. I didn't mean useless at all. I said useless because you get rear AC only with 3rd row seats and if you see how it is installed then you know why. I use it for my 2nd row all the times and it really is great but I must say my AC rocks anyway and would cool my rig completely even w/o rear AC. I have heard that other members are complaining about the AC but mine is just great. Especially my climate control works like hell. LC tops :cheers:

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom