Ford ford excursion any good (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AATLAS1X said:
6.0 is a great motor and the only issues are the cam sensors are junk. Buy an extra and learn how to install it on the road. 100k mile warranty and the turbos are cheap $600 ish and take 30 minutes to r&r.

My 7.3 was a good rig and never had any issues.

Go to www.dieselpage.com and buy a reprogrammer.

My .02

Many people say the 6.0 liter is a POS. Reliability problem and too many truck buy backs from ferd...... I certainly would not own one..

WristPin said:
briother and law lifced his 6 invhes.
i n my toyota i had 2 inchws bweetre ground clearance rtthn him. g fawk ford and fawk wastijn g money o n them,..

yeah, sorry about that. it looked right last nite.:doh:
i said, my brother in law lifted his more than six inches. he was running 35" tires. and on my toyota, i had at the time 33" tires. i had 2"more ground cleaance, measured at each trucks worst spot.

and also that truck is now dead, because it was taken on a joy ride, by his little step brother, and he rolled it. on the street.
would be a good truck. i imangine the diesels will last for a long time.
but i belive the turbos blow up before the engine does, and the engine will develop leaks more than a typicical 5.4 gas ford engine.
im just saying they aint wurth it to me. but id rather drive a ford than a heep.

I love my 7.3 f-350 but you can't get that anymore. My company uses nothing but Ford trucks as company trucks. This is because they have proved most dependable.

A friend of mine owns an excursion v10 and says it tows anything you put behind it great, but it really really drinks the gas.

im retired but drive tow truck part time tow a lot of those actually cant tow them have to use rollback everyone that has them regrets it but has so much in them they dont want to take the big loss geting rid of them and they pay through the nose for repairs the wrecked one i tow were almost all rollovers and people were hurt and 2 killed in the end do what you feel is right and meets your needs good luck

A friend bought the gasser V-10 for some dumb reason. I have a Suburban and the Excursion seems alot bigger, too big in fact. I would imagine with the diesel it's a towing bitch though.

I remember an interview that was done when Ford announced the Excretion. Somebody asked a bigwig at GM if he was worried about the fact that the Excretion was bigger than the 'Burban. He said they were not worried in the least. The Suburban was as big as it was ever going to be.

When the Excretion came out people found it was just too big to fit into a standard garage space. Guess which vehicle is just barely big enough to fit? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom