For Sale / Wanted To Buy (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m selling my M101a2. Asking $700 OBO. I put new tires on a couple years ago when I bought it, but there are almost no miles on them. No dry rot. I have converted it over to a 4 pin electrical connection. In pretty good shape, the floor has some dents and the bed sides have some dents.
E3D950B9-AFC3-4665-8827-C56BF59C3A9A.png
C7AC3E43-E742-476A-8A11-FD7615EB2A4A.png
A2307120-8388-4141-A59F-EE9B93FCED71.png
E3D950B9-AFC3-4665-8827-C56BF59C3A9A.png
C7AC3E43-E742-476A-8A11-FD7615EB2A4A.png
A2307120-8388-4141-A59F-EE9B93FCED71.png
D2B89A77-AEFB-4A72-B235-89DDCCE0C38D.png
62085973-73F9-415C-BA27-33D074695315.png

Trailer price lowered to $650

1994 FJ80 TRIPLE LOCKED & LOADED - FREE TO A GOOD HOME - $9,500 Adoption fee, OBO

My son’s mall crawling days are over. Actually, he’s still in high school, and never crawled at the mall....I drove it to the mall. He’s got a friggin 4.77 GPA and wanted a Mustang... so the TLC days are numbered.

Up for sale is a very nice, clean, straight southern truck, rust free (except the ball on the stock hitch and some surface rust on the exhaust system), garage kept (recently) FJ80. Truck was wheeled ONCE (by me), and performed flawlessly. OK, it was only Hurricanese Creek trail, and a RAV4 would have been fine except for the one hole.... There’s no need for me to brag on it - it’s an -80.... it was the Great White Hype... his Yeti... but now this truck can be yours, or hers... you missed it for Valentines Day, but Memorial Day is coming. I’m putting the money into my -40. Vintage Air, rear locker install, motor refresh.... maybe an LS1 swap.... never mind that....

The short story....

I bought the truck for him to drive in high school. I bought it because y’all showed me how bad ass (and woefully slow) an -80 is. He never got a speeding ticket in it. Hell, the po-po never even gave him a second look.... I wanted it for me, but I had a plan.... now the plan has run full course. Purchased with 298k miles I think... I wasn’t worried; Marshall has over 400k on one.
  1. Front knuckles rebuilt, <5k miles ago - because they leak, eventually.
  2. Radiator replaced, last year. Didn’t want to, but it gave up the ghost, so...
  3. New interior - leather &cushions. Front and middle row. Feels like the S American seamstresses did a phenomenal job. 3rd row is in the closet, and looks like new (as do most). Third row will be included in the sale, I don’t need them either.
  4. Throttle cable assembly replaced @ LexTech - because Glenn knows what he’s doing like no ones business - and I wanted it done right.
  5. PHH replaced @ 300k miles. While it was at Lex Tech - see explanation above about Glenn knowing his s***.
  6. Truck has @ 313,000 miles but looks like 113k miles. Sure, some of the pi striping is missing, but how would you look after 300k miles driving with your head out the window? OK, then.
  7. All windows work. And all windows are original Toyota glass (well, maybe not ‘Original’ - I’m the 5th owner.
  8. Antenna works - but my wife recommends lowering it before driving it thru an automatic car wash... SMDH
  9. Sunroof works - tilt and slide, no leaks. NO, she knows to close the sunroof at the car wash... the antennae surprised her.
  10. Yes, the AC works. And it will drip condensate on your flip flop Wearing GF in the passenger seat as it blows cold air....
  11. Yes, the LOCKERS WORK; NO - I didn’t 7 wire it - it came like this from Mr Toyota himself.
    1. Not that you’ll need them, it’s an 80.... it’ll drive thru hell in 4H. But not until you hand over the benjamins.
    2. Glenn replaced the ‘actuator’ when we bought the truck. See #4 and #5 again.
  12. Truck will have a full tank of gas, so you can get half way to where your going. Bring $20 to get rest of way.
  13. Truck has an aftermarket head unit with back up camera - so they didn’t ding up the back bumper at the mall.
Posting to LCLC, Upstate and ONSC sites for one week. I have more pics. Including the undercarriage, which is dirty, because my 17 yo son doesn’t understand “wash the truck, REALLY GOOD’ before I take pics to sell it.

* No tire kicking, the General Grabber red letter tires are bad ass, no need to poke the bear. No low ball offers. I’ll respond, but it won’t be cordial. I’m not giving the truck away, if I don’t sell it, i’ll be driving it also because this truck should have been named Truck Norris....

68EB844B-C18E-4E9D-85DE-30879736B1E7.jpeg

9FDB33E9-21FF-4AB4-ABEA-18BFC79171BC.jpeg

2A6309EF-7568-4712-B9C5-0C3DE56F2DC1.jpeg

336EFE9A-9794-4C84-B777-4473AA70E360.jpeg

3B4E779A-DDB3-4F3C-AF38-FFC1BA91EC0A.jpeg

Needing a hood latch for my FJ60. The tab that holds the safety latch away so the hood closes popped off, so now if I'm not propping the release up with a rag, it bends the safety hook. Anyone got one local?

Anyone in the market for a 60? Got a text last night from an inactive club member who will be moving soon and is looking to sell. PM me and will connect you to them.

Anyone in the market for a 60? Got a text last night from an inactive club member who will be moving soon and is looking to sell. PM me and will connect you to them.

Thanks for posting this here Jeff! For the record, he's referring to my 60 (and my dues are paid up!).

In short, I love this truck, but I'm moving and it's hard to justify bringing the 60 along. I've daily driven it for extended periods of time. It starts every time, runs extremely well, never stutters, and A/C will freeze you out of the cab. There's a ton of odds and ends that have been performed in addition to the list below. My thought process the past few years has been, "Take it to Marshall, and give me a list of things to do to it that will make it awesome."

I find beauty in the simplicity and this truck is ready to daily drive, or is an excellent platform to build upon for overlanding.

1986 FJ60 - 4E8 Champagne/Bronze Paint Code - $12.5k OBO
  • Original 2F w/ 22X,000 miles
  • Original 4 speed standard transmission
  • 4WD functions flawlessly
  • Garage kept for the last few years
  • All work below performed by Trollhole's Cruisers
    • Summer 2018:
      • Trollhole's Cruisers Carb + Desmog performed
      • Modern Air Conditioning (Denso Compressor, EV, Filter/Drier) added
      • CSU Copper/Brass 4 Core Radiator replaced in-place unit
        • Entire engine cooling system refreshed
      • Side Cover + Valve cover gaskets replaced
      • Front Knuckles rebuilt
      • Aisin Master + Slave Brake Cylinders
        • New Brake Hoses
      • New Fuel Sending Unit
      • New Belts
      • Timing updated and refined
      • Pioneer Stereo Head Unit, all new wiring, modern speakers added behind stock door panels
    • Spring 2017:
      • Gas tank dropped, cleaned, repaired (new lines all around)
      • Fuel delivery system rebuilt
      • Frame reinforcement performed
    • Winter 2016:
      • IronMan Foam Cell Shocks + 2.5" lift added
        • Whole suspension rebuilt and upgraded
      • 33" BFG KO2 A/Ts added
Pictures: (ALBUM)

lEwvg9x.jpg

More pictures can/will be taken. Pulled the most recent ones from my phone.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this here Jeff! For the record, he's referring to my 60 (and my dues are paid up!).

In short, I love this truck, but I'm moving and it's hard to justify bringing the 60 along. I've daily driven it for extended periods of time. It starts every time, runs extremely well, never stutters, and A/C will freeze you out of the cab. There's a ton of odds and ends that have been performed in addition to the list below. My thought process the past few years has been, "Take it to Marshall, and give me a list of things to do to it that will make it awesome."

I find beauty in the simplicity and this truck is ready to daily drive, or is an excellent platform to build upon for overlanding.

1986 FJ60 - 4E8 Champagne/Bronze Paint Code - $12.5k OBO
  • Original 2F w/ 22X,000 miles
  • Original 4 speed standard transmission
  • 4WD functions flawlessly
  • Garage kept for the last few years
  • All work below performed by Trollhole's Cruisers
    • Summer 2018:
      • Trollhole's Cruisers Carb + Desmog performed
      • Modern Air Conditioning (Denso Compressor, EV, Filter/Drier) added
      • CSU Copper/Brass 4 Core Radiator replaced in-place unit
        • Entire engine cooling system refreshed
      • Side Cover + Valve cover gaskets replaced
      • Front Knuckles rebuilt
      • Aisin Master + Slave Brake Cylinders
        • New Brake Hoses
      • New Fuel Sending Unit
      • New Belts
      • Timing updated and refined
      • Pioneer Stereo Head Unit, all new wiring, modern speakers added behind stock door panels
    • Spring 2017:
      • Gas tank dropped, cleaned, repaired (new lines all around)
      • Fuel delivery system rebuilt
      • Frame reinforcement performed
    • Winter 2016:
      • IronMan Foam Cell Shocks + 2.5" lift added
        • Whole suspension rebuilt and upgraded
      • 33" BFG KO2 A/Ts added
Pictures: (ALBUM)

lEwvg9x.jpg

More pictures can/will be taken. Pulled the most recent ones from my phone.
Confirmed, membership paid forward a few years too. :cool: Long time club 60. Havent seen it around enough and hope it stays local.

Reactions: bro
Okay we are going to try something new here on the board.

If you have any parts you are looking to get rid of this is the place to post them (cruiser related). I know some of you guys have hoards of parts in the your garges or scattered about your house, if you do post them up :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom