1979-1983 Toyota FJ40 rear assembly driver's side. This is the rear quarter plus wheel well welded in. I bought this from a supplier called Landcruiser Heaven a couple of years ago. I purchased the...
Thanks for posting this here Jeff! For the record, he's referring to my 60 (and my dues are paid up!).Anyone in the market for a 60? Got a text last night from an inactive club member who will be moving soon and is looking to sell. PM me and will connect you to them.
Confirmed, membership paid forward a few years too. Long time club 60. Havent seen it around enough and hope it stays local.Thanks for posting this here Jeff! For the record, he's referring to my 60 (and my dues are paid up!).
In short, I love this truck, but I'm moving and it's hard to justify bringing the 60 along. I've daily driven it for extended periods of time. It starts every time, runs extremely well, never stutters, and A/C will freeze you out of the cab. There's a ton of odds and ends that have been performed in addition to the list below. My thought process the past few years has been, "Take it to Marshall, and give me a list of things to do to it that will make it awesome."
I find beauty in the simplicity and this truck is ready to daily drive, or is an excellent platform to build upon for overlanding.
1986 FJ60 - 4E8 Champagne/Bronze Paint Code - $12.5k OBO
- Original 2F w/ 22X,000 miles
- Original 4 speed standard transmission
- 4WD functions flawlessly
- Garage kept for the last few years
- All work below performed by Trollhole's Cruisers
- Summer 2018:
- Trollhole's Cruisers Carb + Desmog performed
- Modern Air Conditioning (Denso Compressor, EV, Filter/Drier) added
- CSU Copper/Brass 4 Core Radiator replaced in-place unit
- Entire engine cooling system refreshed
- Side Cover + Valve cover gaskets replaced
- Front Knuckles rebuilt
- Aisin Master + Slave Brake Cylinders
- New Brake Hoses
- New Fuel Sending Unit
- New Belts
- Timing updated and refined
- Pioneer Stereo Head Unit, all new wiring, modern speakers added behind stock door panels
- Spring 2017:
- Gas tank dropped, cleaned, repaired (new lines all around)
- Fuel delivery system rebuilt
- Frame reinforcement performed
- Winter 2016:
- IronMan Foam Cell Shocks + 2.5" lift added
- Whole suspension rebuilt and upgraded
- 33" BFG KO2 A/Ts added
More pictures can/will be taken. Pulled the most recent ones from my phone.
Okay we are going to try something new here on the board.
If you have any parts you are looking to get rid of this is the place to post them (cruiser related). I know some of you guys have hoards of parts in the your garges or scattered about your house, if you do post them up