For Sale or Trade: Late model FJ40 Front Doors for Half Doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a pair of half doors from a '79 fj40 see pics Pictures by eotwup - Photobucket
I have been asking $500 for them. I was thinking about cutting them down to half doors to fit the '80 fj40 I have on the way.
Before I start cutting, I thought I'ld see if anyone has a pair of half doors they would like to trade?
I'm not interested in soft doors or ones made from diamond plate, but will consider any others that will bolt up to an '80 fj40. Send me pics to: eotwup@aol.com and I'll take a look.
Any questions you have about mine let me know.

Thanks, Gregg

These?

100_2105.jpg

$500? Really? I'm thinking $300. Half doors are a lot of work, but these doors are a good start. If you sold them for $300 and bought some Aqualu doors you'd probably come out ahead unless you like that kind of fab work. I have about 80 man-hours into my half-doors.

DONT CUT THOSE DOORs.. I just sold my factory doors I had cut into half doors.. Why...cuz i never used them. Sell your doors they look great youll get 400+ for them and get a set of the aquala. Or similar.

Thanks for the suggestions! As I said, I was thinking about cutting them... I would be open to sell them (make me an offer ;)), but thought if some one needed full doors and wanted to trade I could save the time in the shop.
The new Aquala half doors are out of my budget, so I'm looking for alternatives.

Thanks, Gregg

I would be interested in your doors. I own a 1970 that is currently being restored. Do you know if the late model doors can fit the older models with out any major carnage?

I did a little reading... apparently the late model doors will fit early model cruisers but due to the difference in the thickness of the doors the striker would have to be moved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom