for sale: 89 FJ62 with blown engine (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hey,
I am interested....I have a 2001 Toyota D-Cab 4x4....60K on the clock...Immaculate, I don't drive it much at all, I preffer driving my FJ40"s....I just recently put on BFG AT/KO's....Road truck only, never 4 wheeled...I am the original owner with every oil change reciept.

The Question: DIFF LOCK OR NOT

thx,
Rick...

Razor said:
hey,
I am interested....I have a 2001 Toyota D-Cab 4x4....60K on the clock...Immaculate, I don't drive it much at all, I preffer driving my FJ40"s....I just recently put on BFG AT/KO's....Road truck only, never 4 wheeled...I am the original owner with every oil change reciept.

The Question: DIFF LOCK OR NOT

thx,
Rick...

Hi Rick - I'm very interested as well! - sorry however - no lockers - Tim

This truck has sold.

1996 FZJ80 for sale in VT

1996 FZJ80 for sale in Vermont.

Asking $13,000 with ARB bumper. $12,500 with factory bumper. Other offers considered.

Approximately 189K miles.

DOES NOT HAVE FACTORY LOCKERS.

Never used for "rock crawling". Was used on some forestry roads and the like this summer (plus I live on a dirt road on the side of a mountain).

Blue exterior, grey interior.

Purchased from the original owner Massachussets earlier this year. All service reciepts since new (dealer serviced by original owner).

I have parts reciepts for all items I purchased from CDan and items done by my local dealer since purchasing (inspection, flush and refill coolant, flush and fill transmission fluid, flush and fill front center and rear differentials, alignment).

Since buying it earlier this year I have done the following:
OME medium lift springs
OME shocks
OME caster correction bushings
ARB winch bumper (no winch ever installed or wired)
Bridgestone Revo 285s
Slee light harness
HIR low beams
Birf service/repack - wheel and trunnion bearings and all seals (parts from CDan)
New front rotors and 100 series pads
New rear rotors and pads
New rear calipers (both)
Brake lines flushed and filled with Castrol synthetic
CDL switch
Oil cap
Wiper refills
Interstate battery

Major items over life of vehicle - head gasket replaced by a Toyota dealer (previous owner) around 120K - plugs, wires, O2 sensors, etc replaced at that time. Front Axle service twice (I did it once this Spring myself).

Issues with the vehicle:
1) PO401 code - already replaced EGR modulator and have a new VSV for EGR awaiting install
2) Intermittent no start condition - have starter contacts and plunger from CDan awaiting install
3) Rear sway bar removed due to broken mounting bolts - 4 bolts need drilling/retapping
4) Stitching coming out in center seam of driver's seat
5) Power seat button on passenger seat missing plastic knob
6) Missing the cup holder rug :)

I still have the stock springs, bumper and low beam headlamps if the buyer wants them. I also have some new stock parts I never installed - rear brake pads, new factory rear wheel bearings, wiper inserts, factory fan belts, set of plugs, plug gaskets, valve cover gasket and assorted tidbits I bought from CDan that could go with it.

Send me an email at csprigg@hotmail.com if you're interested. I can email you my phone number if you want more information, or to talk about it.

Thanks,
Charlie

Awesome looking truck, just what I would like to have (again)

however, I need the locker option......thx anyhow !!

78 FJ40 Rolling Chasis and tub for sale

I have a 78 FJ40 rolling chasis and tub for sale in Miami, Florida.
No title. $500.00 . New Man Fre springs, HFS shackles, Rancho adjustable shocks, much more. Must be picked up and trailered.
Thanks
Tom

I know, you saw the orange pile o crap and said....DAMN, I need a 40....

Right?

Exactly!

Actually, I'm picking up a '05 Tacoma (Double Cab TRD pkg) on Thursday. Trying to reduce to 2 daily driver type vehicles in the household.

Right now we have a saab, a tacoma and the crusier - wife wants to keep the saab for herself, and I'm trading the taco in on the '05.

Once I get rid of the excess rigs, then I can get a 40 series and build it up!

I think you need an 80 - whadda' ya say? I'll cut you a deal. :)

Charlie

Last edited:
We live in Bristol.

Charlie

Although I feel the cruiser fanatic to be (who will be arriving in December) needs an 80, I will have a hard time convincing the wife...

Plus, my groceries fit fine in our subee wagon, why would I want an 80?

Seriously, all. I have seen this truck it is a nice clean ride.

Pics

I will get pics by Friday. Sorry, never thought about providing pics of a rolling chasis.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom