Fog lights for ARB Bullbar?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This may have already been a post, but I couldn't find it.

Has anyone ever tried to retrofit fog lights in the turn signal marker locations on a ARB Bullbar? I don't really care to run more turn signals there and was thinking it would be a low and handy spot to add fog lights to the cruiser.

Thoughts? Comments?

IIRC there was one that fit absolutely perfectly, cant remember its name though... try searching if you haven't maybe?

The Hella FF75 fogs might fit. They seem about the right shape. You'd have to fab up some brackets for mounting. These are actually really good lights for their size.

Anyone know for sure? I think this might be a mod most of use would be interested in (especially those of us who live in fog-afflicted areas).

Thanks,

Been searchin for a while tonight and this seems to be the best thread to wake from the dead...

Anyone done this? Anyone ever install some fog or driving lights in place of the lights that come integrated in the ARB bar? I don't need them as another indicator or marker light. I'd love to put some decent fog/driving lights in there. I'm open to altering the hole a bit if I need to--I'll be refinishing the entire bullbar at some point in the near future so messing up the finish by making a bigger hole is no big deal.

Anyone? Any ideas?

-Ferg-

I think if you can get a low-profile fog/driving light you "should" be able to mount it.

I would not get driving lights for that spot because they probably would not work well in small size as driving lights, but would work OK as fogs, I would think.

Something like these IPF's (at the bottom: driving):

These HID's are just about 2" in height

Slim ones from CATZ

You can probably find them on e-bay.

Or I would take a look at the Sylvania Xenarc's (SUVlights site)

Supposedly you can remove the shield and make them into driving lights, too.

I've tried them little bit (w/o removing the shades) and they were pretty decent. Got pretty warm when on.

Installation is relatively easy since they use wireless remote (Mine came with two).

I would go with the Xenarc's since even at $350US that is a relative bargain. However if I wanted driving lights in the first place I would mount a pair of big-ass lights on the bumper. :D

Pic 1: IPF

Pic 2: CATZ

Pic 3: Sylvania

Good luck!

Mot :)
RevX4_Lb.jpg
msx_top_img.jpg
PB174294b.jpg

Also, check out Steve(airlaird)'s rig as I believe he went after the 100's Sahara bar's look with his 80's ARB.

Sorry for the post padding! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom