FN Five Star “100 Spec” purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve buried testimony about my experience with FN within several other threads but I’m so pleased I think it deserves its own thread.

I bought my LC a few months ago and the wheels were just nasty. I was quoted between $100-$130 each to blast and re-coat them. I would also have needed to buy spacers to get the stance I was after. The cost would have likely been around $700-$800 to get where I wanted to be with my stock wheels.

The alternative: new wheels. After looking around for a simple, clean replacement, I landed on the FN 5 Star. A set of these can be had for a comparable price. They make a version of this wheel especially for the 100. I ordered five. Perfect communication throughout the proces and a terrific product. I couldn’t be happier.

- FN Five Star 17” “100 Series Spec”
- TRD center caps ($9/each through FN and snap directly in place)
- BFG KO2 285/70 r17
- OME 2862 coils in the rear (which, if I understood correctly, are made for an 80 series but fit the 100 fine). They gave about .75” extra height over stock. This could not be accomplished with any other springs I could find for the 100
- Cranked the torsion bars so my front is about 1” lower than rear.
- purchase included a set of splined lugs in black stainless.

No rubbing.

The offset puts the contact tread exactly in line with the fenders. Awesome.

The spare is the exact same setup as the rest and it fits nicely underneath.

8722EDD7-2E71-4727-A3B9-0C61EF6F605A.jpeg

E93E87E4-B760-4A0C-B6E6-66703C1E06E9.jpeg

BC34568D-623E-4E8B-8C39-28B2A927C672.jpeg

10086FBC-96A4-4E58-A3A4-751772E23B2D.jpeg

00C9BC62-970D-4176-A5D3-D7D7B1F4A3DE.jpeg

Man I wish they did 16s. I am just not crazy about the SCS F5s. But they are looking like my only option.

Man I wish they did 16s. I am just not crazy about the SCS F5s. But they are looking like my only option.
Why 16s??
17s offer soooo many more tire size options.

Why 16s??
17s offer soooo many more tire size options.

Mainly because I just bought some 315/75/16 Duratracs for a "too good to pass up" price. And now I just can't stomach the thought of selling them and trying to find a deal that good on 315/70/17s.

Great looking wheels. Simple and clean. They complement the 100 very well.

Forged wheels are obviously preferred, but flow formed is very good and while I don’t know how much these cost, I’m sure it’s a fraction of forged wheels.

Great looking wheels. Simple and clean. They complement the 100 very well.

Forged wheels are obviously preferred, but flow formed is very good and while I don’t know how much these cost, I’m sure it’s a fraction of forged wheels.

That’s exactly right. I’m not sure that I would ever stress a wheel to the point of compromise, anyway. I considered the rock warriors but I did not particularly want to run spacers and the cost would have been at least 2x what I have in these.

I dont think they make those anymore in 5x150

@dchilds how much were the wheels?

I bought some blemished rims they had on hand. I don’t know how much supply they had of these. I inspected them very closely and (almost) feel like they were labeled blemished mistakenly. They’re very near perfect. I paid $700 for a set of five. The replacement caps were $9/each on top of that.

They look good! I'll have to see if they can still do these.

Mainly because I just bought some 315/75/16 Duratracs for a "too good to pass up" price. And now I just can't stomach the thought of selling them and trying to find a deal that good on 315/70/17s.
Have you gotten those fitted yet?

@dchilds what is the offset on these FN wheels?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom