Flywheel/crankshaft locking tools for 1hz/1hdt and similar diesel motors in landcruisers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are there any flywheel/crankshaft locking tools for diesel motors in Toyota landcruisers?

I used a prybar!
AFAIK your gonna have to get creative there's no such tool listed in the FSM

I used a piece of bar with a widened bit at one end and bolted it to the pulley at the front. I think I was trying to loosen the crank bolt at the time. I had it so the bar was resting on the floor and couldnt turn.

I used a piece of bar with a widened bit at one end and bolted it to the pulley at the front. I think I was trying to loosen the crank bolt at the time. I had it so the bar was resting on the floor and couldnt turn.
PXL_20230106_044220657.jpg

Did similar recently to torque the crank bolt on my 1fz-fe.
Plates bolted to crank pulley, other end resting on the floor

I used a strong impact gun and when that fails just the starter bump method!

Doesn't help with retorquing.
And a big rattle gun doesn't fit if radiator is still installed
If you have the means to make a tool go for it. You can also pinch an old belt to lock the pulley with a spinner for re-torque.

Just have to get creative.

The only times I've had to worry about this to date, I've also had the oil pan off, in which case a piece of 2x4 wedged into the crank did the trick!

Need it when doing t-belt job on ye olde 1hz and that's coming up soon as 80 is now just shy of 700 k km's on original donk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom