Fluid Film on Exhaust Muffler and Paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I'm spraying Fluid Film on the frame, wheel wells, etc.

Should I spray the exhaust muffler, it has some rust underneath, but I don't know how Fluid Film will behave when heated?

FF propaganda mentions to be careful not to spray the breaks, any other areas to be avoided?

Also, when you spray FF on the paint, is it like waxing, do you have to polish, or just wipe it into a thin film?

Oh, and should I be concerned about poisoning myself if I spray while lying under the truck?

TIA

Avoid brakes!!!!

Come on man! never spray anything but brake cleaner on your brakes, and even then you need to let it dry out some before driving away.

As for the rest of it...I don't know what stuff you are using and I am too sick to google it, so my first reaction would be to avoid the paint. it sounds as if you are undercoating the rig, and that has no biz being on the paint. If you are undercoating, then I would not worry about getting some on the exhaust, most times it will just burn off anyways.

As for breathing it...well, if you like living I would do it in a well ventelated area and/or wear a mask rated for that sort of thang.

Going back to being sick now.

Dirty Toad, great screen name btw, and I love that quote in your sig, did you get it from that Discover Magazine article, or did they get it from you :)

Back on topic though, you need to check these:

http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/applications/automotive.html

http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/globals/faq.html

You can spray Fluid Film on paint, condition your boots, or your own skin, and it displaces the water from our rusty frames and sticks to them forever (no drip!), "is classified as non-toxic and non-hazardous" and "is manufactured using an all natural lanolin (from wool) base"... I can't wait to try it myself... (maybe not on my skin)

Get well.

Well from there site it looks like cool stuff, the only thing that would bother me is that it does not dry. I think that is odd for a vehicle that you will be driving in winter conditions- with all the stuff that flys around under your vehicle I can see it getting trapped by this stuff and just making a bigger mess under your rig. I do like that it is non-toxic.

Try it out and let us know what you think after you have put some miles on it.

The quote is from discover. Good eye- :beer:

This guy in Canada uses Fluid Film in his yearly rust prevention ritual:

http://www.risingsunimports.ca/news/2005_06_17.html

The web site apparently imports Japanese Cruisers into Canada...

In the very last paragraphs he mentions a "good wax job" as one of the last steps, so apparently he doesn't use Fluid Film on the body paint. Doesn't mention spraying the exhaust either.

I know some people on mud have used Fluid Film since it comes in the search, so I can send a private message to them, or I'll just go with a wax on the body and Fluid Film in wheel wells, underside and other problem areas.

yah you don't want oil on the paint. It's messy looking.

No need to spray the exhaust. It will burn off and stink. But no need to cover it. Just avoid it the best you can. It will burn off.

Get inside the frame really well.

LPS 3 is what I want to put in my cars.

Fluid film works great, and it will not burn up your 60 if you get it on the exhaust.

Zack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom