Florence (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bryanseye

Inaffective Grammer Nazi
SILVER Star
Threads
Between pit of man's fears and summit of knowledge
Website
www.upstatecruisers.com
Is it time to start talking about it? Looks like it may be big and headed right toward us. We are inland and elevated so it it will be significantly downgraded but could give us a fit. ONSC and LCLC folks welcome to join in as likely to feel it even more.

AL062018_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

MOV8-4.06L.GIF

al062018.png

092830WPCQPF_sm.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s making a beeline towards the coast, but I feel like it’s going to swing north once it hits the Gulf Stream. Usually they come from the south and wreak havoc the whole way up the coastline. This could be bad news for our brothers in Hatteras and Wilmington... If I’m wrong, we may evacuate for a Class 3+.

It’s making a beeline towards the coast, but I feel like it’s going to swing north once it hits the Gulf Stream. Usually they come from the south and wreak havoc the whole way up the coastline. This could be bad news for our brothers in Hatteras and Wilmington... If I’m wrong, we may evacuate for a Class 3+.
Most recent update has the cone centered at SC/NC border. A few more days before we will have a better guess. I did load up on toilet paper at Costco today, but that is unrelated. :D

Was in grade school when Hugo came through in 1989. Since then nothing has warranted us leaving home. More worried about pine trees coming down then the old oaks. People are just too easily scared now a days.

Was in grade school when Hugo came through in 1989. Since then nothing has warranted us leaving home. More worried about pine trees coming down then the old oaks. People are just too easily scared now a days.
Definitely. I don't think the upstate area could be targeted enough to need evacuated. Probably a good place to evacuate to for anyone more coastal.

Downed trees and localized flash flooding are real concerns though. I lived inland from Andrew in MS and Rita in TX about the same distance. Rita killed my power for 3 days and some local small towns were so blocked by fallen trees they couldnt get in/out for about the same about of time.

Just had the last of my pine trees cut down, two if which had beetles (waiting on the tree company to get them out of my yard now). I had two fall on the house in 2006 in a thunderstorm and one get broken in half in the "Simpsonville Twister" the other year. Good ridance to them.
Good Luck to all in the coast.

Just had the last of my pine trees cut down, two if which had beetles (waiting on the tree company to get them out of my yard now). I had two fall on the house in 2006 in a thunderstorm and one get broken in half in the "Simpsonville Twister" the other year. Good ridance to them.
Good Luck to all in the coast.
I am supposed to have 3 cut down Thursday weather permitting!

Yup, gonna get a few peoples attention for sure now. I built this interactive map that some may find handy. It has traffic, radar, storm track, webcams and weather stations consolidated.

Public Information Map

Still wondering why the low country was evacuated..... Some of summer thunder storms had more rain and wind then this. Mind you I am located about 13.5 miles NNW of Fort Sumter Momument in Charleston, SC harbor.

Still wondering why the low country was evacuated..... Some of summer thunder storms had more rain and wind then this. Mind you I am located about 13.5 miles NNW of Fort Sumter Momument in Charleston, SC harbor.
Flooding... The models had no idea where this storm was headed since the path was unprecedented. Admittedly, I’m most familiar with hurricanes that came straight up from the Caribbean... So I studied past tracks trying to figure out if we were on the clean or dirty side. I still don’t know. We were lucky, unscathed, it could’ve been worse. God is just reminding us who is really in charge.

Our neighborhood usually loses power due to falling trees. With the time off, I was glad to see folks outside pruning and prepping.

We were lucky down here, never lost power, no trees down in our neighbor hood, and everyone safe. Only light winds and light rain.
Stores to open tomorrow...I think you guys will get more than us. Now, @greenseaman , that's another story.

We are doing pretty good! We haven’t had power since yesterday about 2pm, but luckily it’s just been a LOT of rain and wind. Flooding is coming though, I’m afraid! The only damage we’ve had so far is the in laws portapotties getting blown over!

Ive never listened to evacuations, if i lived in flood prone area, low lying or coastal/barrier island it would be different.

Is he looking to sell it now?? Need some parts, like engine and trans
@Trollhole

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom