Floppy mirror fix no go (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yotahead52

GOLD Star
Threads
Am I the only noob that didn’t know the “floppy mirror fix kit” from Wits End, doesn’t work in 97 LX450? Post is different. Part will not go on....or am I not Appreciating how hard this thing has to press on in the vice?
910F6B0F-74A9-40F1-BFBC-115376F1B3A5.jpeg

btw 2 brand new floppy mirror fixes for FJ80 for sale. New in bags.........

Last edited:
Inerested in parts, message me price shipped to 30662

Am I the only noob that didn’t know the “floppy mirror fix kit” from Wits End, doesn’t work in 97 LX450? Post is different. Part will not go on....or am I not Appreciating how hard this thing has to press on in the vice?View attachment 2404735
btw 2 brand new floppy mirror fixes for FJ80 for sale. New in bags.........
Depending on how much of the upper plastic piece is broke I came up with an easy fix for mine. Where the plastic ear that hangs on the mount hook broke I drilled a small horizontal hole and epoxied a small pin/screw in the drilled hole so it sticks out horizontally and it hangs on the hook fine with no more wobbly mirror.

Disregard I just realized you are referring to the whole mirror and not just the glass

Last edited:
Depending on how much of the upper plastic piece is broke I came up with an easy fix for mine. Where the plastic ear that hangs on the mount hook broke I drilled a small horizontal hole and epoxied a small pin/screw in the drilled hole so it sticks out horizontally and it hangs on the hook fine with no more wobbly mirror.

Disregard I just realized you are referring to the whole mirror and not just the glass

Steve you are way off. He's talking about the spring that holds the assembly together. I used a vise. Though you really have to be careful when drilling the pot metal for the set screws. We broke a few not drilling the holes far enough down and the metal broke.

I came Up with a different and very workable solution. Just when I thought I had Something new I found A guy on YouTube that did the same. Lol. Nothing new under the sun

Steve you are way off. He's talking about the spring that holds the assembly together. I used a vise. Though you really have to be careful when drilling the pot metal for the set screws. We broke a few not drilling the holes far enough down and the metal broke.
Yeah I know did you read my whole post?

I did. I was worried about pressing it that hard. I figured I’d be buying a whole new mirror assembly 😂😂
Sorry was talking to Marshall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom