Flashing lights on start up VSC etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought myself a new in 2010 Land Cruiser , been running pretty good for the last 110 thousand miles, every few months the dashboard lights up VCS all the lights brake/ etc. check system I usually just turn the truck off and the lights go away now they’re staying on longer anyone have any thoughts?
All service has been done at a dealership everything is up-to-date no 4 wheeling pretty much ever

Step 1..... pull codes.
Yeah they say there is a short intermittent short in the brake booster that’s why the photograph is in my portfolio picture. That was eight months ago at my dealership then the problem went away

I’m trying to see if anyone else has had a problem and the solution without replacing the entire piece of brake booster assembly

Same problem here. What you cant see in this photo is the blinking center diff light. It was off at this instant.
This is an evolution of the problem where the center diff light blinks every few week. Snyone know what's goign on?

PXL_20210413_172231503.jpeg

I think almost any emissions trouble along with a heap of other things can trigger all these lights (together). Without codes pulled from ECU, I don't think anyone can be of much help.

The codes are saying intermittent brake booster problem. But it’s truly an intermittent problem because it only last a few weeks then goes away for six months

It's a stab in the dark without pulling codes. It could be as simple as the gas tank cap, or EVAP issues, all the way to significant issues with the ABS/brake system.

Any mods?

Get a tech stream and run through the master cylinder test procedure. It walks you through everything and is extra sensitive to errors. you really need the active data list to see if everything is within test range. If it’s truly the booster you will know. And no, I don’t think it’s serviceable as they don’t sell repair parts

Thanks everyone for chiming in, the good thing is even though the lights come on there’s no side effects the vehicle runs fine. I just pull over turn it off wait a second and restart it because I don’t want to drive with the lights on. I will look into the gas cap that seems like an easy fix, last time this problem happened it lasted a few weeks then went away for a year

My 2008 does this every once in a while. Out of no where. Then goes away on its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom