Fj80 Knuckle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

80Diff

I'm replacing all the seals on my 80's front axle and ran into a problem. Did the 3 layer dust seal that goes behind the knuckle get upgraded from toyota in the recent years? The rubber ring I took off was flat but the new seal I purchased has a triangle shaped ridge on one side. I've been told that is the stye that was used on the FJ62s. Is that the new style for the FJ80s?

Here is a simple drawing of my dilemma

http://tinyurl.com/2lyg8

Thanks
Greg

What's the part number of the new seal?

The new seals part # is43204-60031

I called the Dealer and they said they discontinued the old part number and replaced it with this #. I guess the FJ62s and other older cruisers use this same seal and the knuckles are of the same design. One of the guys on the 3FE yahoo group said his 62 uses it with the ridge towards the differential. would that be the same in this application?

43204-60031 is correct for the 80 series That particular number came into being in May 92 production. The ridge faces the steering knuckle.

Have to laugh (while saying "Alleluia!") since the gasket Dan sent me had that little triangluar bit on it. At the time, I didn't think much of it, but put the "bead" towards the knuckle when installing--can't remember why, just seemed right at the time and didn't think it could hurt much if wrong. :D
Tom

Dan,

Thanks for setting me on the right track. Sean say's "Your The Man" when it comes to the 80 series.

Sure do appreciate the answers I've been gettin on my inaugeral axle rebuild.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom