FJ62 SOA Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.sneech.com
I had a SOA done on my FJ62 a while back and I want to go in and fix a few things.

The original u-bolts were reused...which is supposed to be a no-no. I can see why too. My rear ones keep coming loose. What are the sizes of the front squaure type and rear round type u-bolts? I want to go get some at the local spring shop.

I've never been happy with my front shock setup. I only have about an inch of upward travel before they bottom out. The stock shock mounts were used. I was thinking about trying out the ford shock mounts but I'm not sure they will fit without butchering the inner fender which is not on option for me. What have others used for shock mounts? If I do go with a ford mount it uses a shock with a differnt end on it. I thought I saw an adapter somewhere once that allowed you to use the shock with the threaded stud on the end in a mount where you but a bolt through the eye of the shock. Anyone hear of this or did I dream it up?

One thing I have noticed on my SOA is that it rides rough. The original springs where used. They have 190K on them and are somewhat flat. I have been attributing it to the fact that the front shocks don't have much compression left on them in the current setup. I only drove the truck twice before the SOA was done so I don't have much to compare with in regards to ride quality. The shocks are RS5000's...Maybe I need to upgrade to 9000's?

fwiw I have 5000 on my 40 from the PO and they suck .. way to stiff.. The might be ok on a heavier 60. dunno.. I have seen where if the shock is bottoming out it splits the shock tower where the shock is attached.

I'd vote for some ford shock towers and some rs9000's. most of the cruiser shops sell u bolt kits for $50.. Be careful your local spring place might give you standard u bolts vs metric. HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom