FJ62 RestoMod Frame-Off Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you plan to run spacers with those wheels? Have you checked to see if they clear your calipers?

I am not going to be running spacers on this setup.
After much research, and discussions with other 62 owners, I had determined that they are a "bolt on" wheel.

c2

Sounds like a great build. I will be interested to hear your feedback on running the 255/85/16's. I love the way they look but am concerned on how they will ride. Higher load ratings = more stiff sidewall. The weight of bumpers and winch will definitely help though.

I noticed those wheels on Summit's website say 4" backspacing. Usually something over 3.5" won't fit. The shape of the wheel will affect this though. There may be enough clearance. Do you know someone that is running these wheels?

Look forward to seeing this rig come to life!

I noticed those wheels on Summit's website say 4" backspacing. Usually something over 3.5" won't fit. The shape of the wheel will affect this though. There may be enough clearance. Do you know someone that is running these wheels?

I am...

IMG_4390.JPG

IMG_4391.JPG

No spacers needed.

wheel thread...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/need-steel-rim-replacment-help-16x7.802540/

IMG_4358.JPG

And there we have it. Very nice.

Receiving parts daily for this build.
Today was dual SS Battery Trays from STAINLESSTRAYS.COM ! ! ! As it has been said countless times on these forums, these units are STOUT, PRECISE and were received within 3 days of placing an order.

IMG_6814.JPG

Subbed. You may convince me to keep my cruiser if you show a good how to on how to remove that cancer!! Looks like it's going to be an awesome build!

Subbed. You may convince me to keep my cruiser if you show a good how to on how to remove that cancer!! Looks like it's going to be an awesome build!

Removing the cancer is the easy part, putting back the correct shaped sheet metal is the tricky part :) I love 60 resto/mods looking forward to the build

Removing the cancer is the easy part, putting back the correct shaped sheet metal is the tricky part :) I love 60 resto/mods looking forward to the build

You are absolutely right. I was going to edit my post to clarify that. A fellow lover of 60 resto/mods, too many get rusted out and crushed.

You are absolutely right. I was going to edit my post to clarify that. A fellow lover of 60 resto/mods, too many get rusted out and crushed.

There's a rust free body 40 minutes south of you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom