FJ62 Idle RPM's and more! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My FJ62 has been fluttering under 600RPM's the past few days off and on but never stalled. Noticed today while driving the rig seemed to be accelerating weird with like almost a stutter when my foot is on the gas. Almost seemed like the fuel was cutting out and coming on again as my foot was on the gas. In the driveway I let it run and its doing the whole flutter RPM at idle, I pulled the throttle knob and started to smell gasoline. Now Im here. Any ideas??

Pull off the air intake hose and put a flashlight in it. good chance you’ll find the crack causing your issues.
Had it happen to me with same symptoms not long ago.
The air intake hose closest to the throttle body is still available from toyota

Awesome thanks for the input. However this wasn't the problem, all hoses are in good condition, cleaned the IAC valve thing, still happening. It only seems to be going on when the engine is warm. I'll double check the hoses again though.

Do the throttle position sensor check per the fsm. Let it warm up first since that is when you are having issues. Are you getting a CEL?

If you smell fuel, it mostly happens when the engine is hot when the fuel system injects less fuel v.s. cold, and you're sputtering, I would go over the fuel system...
Just start eliminating things. Could be just your fuel pump, fuel pump wires, fuel filter plugged, a massive amount of pressure in the gas tank? Hard to get bad fuel in the US... You didn't jerry can anything in there? And do the paperclip check on your EFI to check for codes even when the check engine light isn't on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom