FJ62 expansion valve - wrong part listed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where does the other probe go or what is it supposed to do?
No clue. I suspect it's for a more modern system actually designed for the use of R134a, rather than our systems which are designed for R12.

@pithicus yeah the original equipment for either R12 or R134a based systems supposedly works with hydrocarbon replacement refrigerants. I say supposedly because I obviously don't know for sure for other systems than our own, but from what I'm told by others they work.

I rebuilt my AC last year using the following parts and has been working like a champ since last summer.

I didn’t switch to r134a and instead run Envirosafe R12a. I was hesitant to use a hydrocarbon based refrigerant but after doing some research got comfortable with it. The upcoming r134a replacement is actually hydrocarbon based too

Toyota 88645-30250 pressure switch
Denso 475-0101 Expansion Valve from Summit Racing
Denso 476-0072 evap core also from Summit
Couldn’t find the receipt for the drier but it was Denso and recommended here and/or by coolstream

I rebuilt my AC last year using the following parts and has been working like a champ since last summer.

I didn’t switch to r134a and instead run Envirosafe R12a. I was hesitant to use a hydrocarbon based refrigerant but after doing some research got comfortable with it. The upcoming r134a replacement is actually hydrocarbon based too

Toyota 88645-30250 pressure switch
Denso 475-0101 Expansion Valve from Summit Racing
Denso 476-0072 evap core also from Summit
Couldn’t find the receipt for the drier but it was Denso and recommended here and/or by coolstream
Yup, decided since I ended up having to replace my condenser (wasn't expecting that) to go ahead and just put in a new (correct) expansion valve and new pressure switch while it's apart. I'm using Duracool 12a, so same here with the hydrocarbon refrigerant.

This thread has been very helpful. I also ordered the incorrect part based on the Denso catalogue. Will be going with the 475-0101 expansion valve instead.

This thread has been very helpful. I also ordered the incorrect part based on the Denso catalogue. Will be going with the 475-0101 expansion valve instead.
Glad it helped someone. 3 years later (with all the correct parts) and Duracool 12a and my system is still blowing plenty cold. I am due to check the refrigerant level in it this year though, just for preventative maintenance.

Glad it helped someone. 3 years later (with all the correct parts) and Duracool 12a and my system is still blowing plenty cold. I am due to check the refrigerant level in it this year though, just for preventative maintenance.
Same. Mine still gets cold enough that I have to turn it down after it’s cooled the vehicle on 90+ degree days. No tint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom