FJ60 SOA help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought a 60 in an SOA conversion already done but it’s a little sloppy. Bought the vehicle as a long term project. I have a few questions with the SOA conversion:
1. Did anyone use stock leafs? If so, was there an add a leaf to the rear or all stock height for the leafs?
2. What size shackles did you use? I have 3” shackles front and rear.
3. Did anyone have there leaf packs rebuilt?

This is my first real project rig so there’s a huge learning curve for me. I looked through a fair amount of the “60 tech” forums and didn’t find what I was looking for but I may not have scrolled enough either. Attached are some pictures of the rear. Thanks for the help.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Those springs look done! Lots of info on this forum for sure. One thing I picked up reading threw threads is the front shackle reversal is a nice improvement on a SOA rig. You might want to look into it? Springs probably depend on how much lift you want in addition to the over axle height.
Here is the first post that came up when I googled.....FJ60 SOA...It's about time - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj60-soa-its-about-time.657231/

There is also great info under the 60 series FAQ section: FAQ - 60-series FAQ - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/60-series-faq.13183/

And looks like you need bump stops and shorter shocks(not much up travel)

Thanks for the info. I’ll have to dove deeper into the forums. I’ve read that first one you mentioned. Had a lot of great info, just not exactly what I was looking for.

And looks like you need bump stops and shorter shocks(not much up travel)
That I defiantly do. It’s a work in progress right now. I’m cutting the 2.5” spring perches off next then welding in 2.75” perches to accommodate the leaf pack width. I’m was going to do the shocks after I get the new leafs unless I should get shocks first

That I defiantly do. It’s a work in progress right now. I’m cutting the 2.5” spring perches off next then welding in 2.75” perches to accommodate the leaf pack width. I’m was going to do the shocks after I get the new leafs unless I should get shocks first
Get leaf’s you want and bumps all set up so tires flex and don’t hit anything you don’t want them to . Then measure for shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom