FJ60 rain gutter straightening (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

georgebj60

SILVER Star
Threads
I would like to straighten the rain gutters on my FJ60. They were bent out of shape from a PO roof rack that I've since removed. I was thinking I would just get out the hammer and pliers and get to it, but maybe there's a better way? Any body experts out there that could offer any advice?

Thanks!

IMG_20190116_181855.jpg

I have the same problem on a KZJ 78. So if you find a solution please let me know.

Graeme

Hey Ken, want to see more pics showing your build. I know you’ve done a very detailed job on this truck. As to your question here, I’ve had the best luck using body tools to straighten gutters. I’m far from an expert, but with different hammers and dollies (and some good pliers) along with some patience you’ll get them straight. body work tools hammer dolly - Google Search

Also, if you have not done this, might be a good time to remove the original body seam sealer allowing access to the metal etc.
good luck. Jimmy

Hey Ken, want to see more pics showing your build. I know you’ve done a very detailed job on this truck. As to your question here, I’ve had the best luck using body tools to straighten gutters. I’m far from an expert, but with different hammers and dollies (and some good pliers) along with some patience you’ll get them straight. body work tools hammer dolly - Google Search

Also, if you have not done this, might be a good time to remove the original body seam sealer allowing access to the metal etc.
good luck. Jimmy
Thanks Jimmy. I appreciate the feeback. You're closer to an expert than you realize. I'll see about getting some proper tools and get to this. Might not happen quickly, but I'll get there.

As for the build, it moves so slow a build thread might be pointless. But maybe I'll start one anyway just to throw up what I've done so far. Thing is, people on this forum do some amazing custom work. Mine is not that. Mine is simply putting a factory diesel where a gasser lived before. If/when I do it, I'll be sure to tag you and @pistonpete. I've followed both of your threads and enjoyed them thoroughly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom