Fj60 power steering reservoir o-ring help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I see there’s complete PS rebuild kits available but I think mine is only leaking at the two o-rings I marked in blue.
Are there replacements people found at local auto part stores?
I’m also going to attempt to tighten up the seal on the cap and lid using some extra gasket maker material. I’ve read a couple threads of people being successful with that route.
This isn’t a restore project. It’s more of a get road worthy and as leak free as possible project, or I’d go oem.
88A52107-DAD3-4591-A038-F2243FB2A56D.jpeg

local Ace hardware has a good selection, use ATF or 105 lube when going back together

Can you let me know how it goes? Have a big power steering leak and think these might be the culprit

Can you let me know how it goes? Have a big power steering leak and think these might be the culprit
Yeah. Should have the 60 fired up next week. It was a TIGHT fit getting the reservoir back on so I’m assuming that if my leak was coming from there, it’s now sealed up.

Yeah. Should have the 60 fired up next week. It was a TIGHT fit getting the reservoir back on so I’m assuming that if my leak was coming from there, it’s now sealed up.

I keep those OEM o rings in stock stand Alone Jason

If u need a few out to you say so

It will be done

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom