FJ60 Outer Vent Control Valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With more people running snipers/EFIs and working through my own setup a question comes up.

Outer vent control valve vents the carb bowl to the charcoal canister when ignition is off. So if you’re running an EFI the outer vent control valve no longer has a purpose, right?

Am I missing anything here?

A1429E07-AC48-4161-82F2-8720A184DF02.jpeg

Why Monkey with it to begin with ?

this is a detail spec regarding the sniper MOD , that shopud be left in place as is and alone ,,,,

is there any positive or benefit or does sniper say to delete it or remove it in some way ?

i have not heard that yet if so ?

matt

Why Monkey with it to begin with ?

this is a detail spec regarding the sniper MOD , that shopud be left in place as is and alone ,,,,

is there any positive or benefit or does sniper say to delete it or remove it in some way ?

i have not heard that yet if so ?

matt
Yeah good question. As it is now there isn’t a place to plug in the outer vent control valve to the sniper.

With more people running snipers/EFIs and working through my own setup a question comes up.

Outer vent control valve vents the carb bowl to the charcoal canister when ignition is off. So if you’re running an EFI the outer vent control valve no longer has a purpose, right?

Am I missing anything here?

View attachment 2662676
I pulled it out. No need for it. Charcoal canister vents to weak vacuum on the air filter now. I have not noticed any fumes since doing this about a year ago.

I pulled it out. No need for it. Charcoal canister vents to weak vacuum on the air filter now. I have not noticed any fumes since doing this about a year ago.
Good stuff. Does your rig still have the VCV? Aka the one on the carb side of the engine that connects to a vacuum port on the carb.

Good stuff. Does your rig still have the VCV? Aka the one on the carb side of the engine that connects to a vacuum port on the carb.
No. Just brake booster, vac advance, and PCV. You will lose idle-up for the AC, but it isn't necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom