FJ60 Leaf Springs for FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm flipped and SOA. Wheel base is just under 100".

I am going to do some testing on these springs and will post the info on this thread with pics. I am trying to run 35's with stock fj60 springs,,rear spring flipped, sprung under, custom short shackles,mini truck PS, and lots of fender cutting.
Yall think its do able ?
It may be a while by the time I time put up, not to revive the thread.
Sounds like a pretty good setup, with the exception of the power steering. I had a 87 4runner on 31's and it was adequate. I have fj80(essentially an fj60) box and 35's and I can't imagine going with a lesser steering setup. It also simplifies the linkages, making for less potential slop.
No comment on the fj60 springs, except to say I have 4-5" of sua lift and fit 35's. It can be done. I probably don't have all the flex of a soa, but realistically pavement is wearing my tires more than trails.

I am going to do some testing on these springs and will post the info on this thread with pics. I am trying to run 35's with stock fj60 springs,,rear spring flipped, sprung under, custom short shackles,mini truck PS, and lots of fender cutting.
Yall think its do able ?
It may be a while by the time I time put up, not to revive the thread.
I dont think you'll get enough tire clearance. I would buy some lifted fj60 springs if staying sprung under. Using short shackles will hurt flex a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom