Fj60 body part prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

At this point, it's supply and demand. Rare parts are more expensive, even if they're rusty or worn out.
Back in the day (like 25 years ago) a general rule of thumb for used parts pricing was 1/2 the list price.
You can find the last valid list price for new Toyota parts (which may no longer be available) at a few different websites.

What should be the average price of used parts for an fj60? I find $200 plus for a grille thats used seems outrageous
I’m having the same questions as you. Being new the the Land Cruiser world, I have no idea on pricing. I have reached out to my local friends and asked about a ballpark range before buying used and got good “deals”. And I’ve also spent waayyyy to much on other parts. But I have found most members are reasonable and just want to help keep the 60’s running and on the trails

Even in 1988, replacement new land cruiser parts were always jaw droppingly expensive. Like holy cow expensive. The land cruiser was never a cheap vehicle

What should be the average price of used parts for an fj60? I find $200 plus for a grille thats used seems outrageous

really depends on where you are looking for parts, the large name well known places will be higher than someone down the street.
there are deals out there, they will go quick when they show up in classifieds,
good used parts are pricey, grills especially are hard to find in good condition as the plastic tabs are brittle and break easily and thus require more padding for shipping.
not to mention shipping rates are just crazy right now for anything larger than a USPS flatrate box.

as stated above, supply and demand, and if there is an aftermarket version generally the quality isn't there, look at cheap taillight lenses that in a year are faded terribly.

The aftermarket front grill for the FJ60 looks fantastic when new. I had one. The plastic dimensions are an exact duplicate of the original. The chrome may not last 20 years like the original, but if you keep it clean and away from salt air it'll look great for a long time. Only $99.
(you don't want a used original grill. It'll look cruddy)

T
The aftermarket front grill for the FJ60 looks fantastic when new. I had one. The plastic dimensions are an exact duplicate of the original. The chrome may not last 20 years like the original, but if you keep it clean and away from salt air it'll look great for a long time. Only $99.
(you don't want a used original grill. It'll look cruddy)
Thanks! I didn't know the aftermarket grill was only$100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom