FJ60 AC Refresh Tips / R-134a (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That condenser isn't available from Partsgeek. I went through this with them a while ago and they still haven't fixed the bloody website; They even still have the ebay listing that's been up since O'bummer was President with none sold and still listing 4 available.

The orders just keep getting cancelled and it takes two weeks or more to get your money back.

FWIW, PartsGeek is virtually impossible to get on the phone and emails takes a looooong time.

I have not gotten my notice from Wal Mart yet.

So, back to a question I had. Can a condenser be cleaned like a radiator?

Yes, if you have a good Rad shop, it can be boiled just like a radiator or depending on composition, foamed with an acidic cleaner. I had a radiator shop clean mine 10 years ago, painted it flat-black, and it has been fine

When I couldn't source one, I asked the AC shop that made my new hoses if they could test my OEM. It held pressure just fine for 10-15 minutes, so I took it home, sanded and painted and reinstalled the precious thing.

When I couldn't source one, I asked the AC shop that made my new hoses if they could test my OEM. It held pressure just fine for 10-15 minutes, so I took it home, sanded and painted and reinstalled the precious thing.

This one holds pressure but from what I read I may have sent slag into it with the roasted compressor (s)

Just needs a thorough clean then. Wonder if some compressed air would be enough?

This one holds pressure but from what I read I may have sent slag into it with the roasted compressor (s)

I've never had to do it, but I believe a good shop can test for condenser obstructions. Something with measuring the temp across the length of the core tubes.

Boo.

IMG_6817.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom