fj45lv h diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow

Hey Joe.

That is one clean diesel install. Now I'll never open the hood on my diesel conversion. . . .

At least I have something to aspire to . . . .

Good work - keep the pictures coming so I can try to copy.

You built look great.

It is too late now since you did a great job on the tube work but why didn't you jsut flip the exhaust manifold upside down? The turbo would be lower and the air pipe would be longer but you would have great clearance around the brake booster.

Draw-thru vs. blow-thru

I'm curious why you decided to setup the throttle body in front of the turbo in a draw-thru configuration instead of the more typical blow-thru setups found in kits from companies like Turbo-Glide?

attachment.php

I wonder how the injection pump diaphragm will react to the stronger vacuum created by the turbo?

sometimes it just takes a little time. A few updated pictures, got the lv running, put a few miles on her last couple days. so far so good. Boy where do i start, got the motor running late last year, siezed up the rocker arms due to no oil to overhead, then the turbo was pushing oil. Long process of wondering why no oil was getting to the overhead?. Ended up right from the start, it had a new head gasket from wherever SOR got the engine. WRONG HEADGASKET, that was interesting finding after ordering a new headset from sor being the same as what came off. Beating our head, we finely got the right set. Home free, nope. Rebuilt turbo, test ran still pushing oil. come to find out all ready been reman and bored over, no parts available. Tracked down the same turbo from a used tractor parts shop here in town. Seems to be running good. Took time to do all the time consuming wiring, with a glow plug timer. It has been a quick few years, their was just never enough time, many excuses. Its on the road.
IMG_0417.jpg
IMG_0419.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg

Also put a Auxiliary Diesel fired Webasto heater in for a comfortable cold morning. Works awesome.
IMG_0427.jpg
IMG_0422.jpg
IMG_0423.jpg

Working on the interior, and rear seat this weekend. Still looking for one interior door handle and 1 window crank.

Inside pics. Drive it for a while, then tear it down for long paint process.
IMG_0432.jpg
IMG_0433.jpg

Epic. Looking good. You have to do things at your speed. Balancing projects and life is important.
Glad you got your oil pressure issue worked out. I was wondering how things were going. I will have to swing by and check it out!

yeah your right kief, balance is tough. cant work on cruisers everynight. Swing by whenever.Thanks

Yeah since I started with custom seats i had to match it, Valley vinyl here in medford finished the rear seat and the door panels. Still paid $300, but the turned out nice. Luckely i had the old panels to make a stencil. I did save them if anyone wants to use. They used a marine plastic back panel and came to me done, made it nice to install.

Yeah since I started with custom seats i had to match it, Valley vinyl here in medford finished the rear seat and the door panels. Still paid $300, but the turned out nice. Luckely i had the old panels to make a stencil. I did save them if anyone wants to use. They used a marine plastic back panel and came to me done, made it nice to install.

Can you post some better pics of the doors and seats? Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom