Fj45 LWB stock cab w SWB bed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am leaning this way and going with the short wheel base.

It is more appealing to the eye, (opinion) and gives a sense of “uniqueness.” If not used as a workhorse, but more for off-road pleasure ....nuttin’ looks finer than a stubby, chunky, ‘45 beefcake !

Having stretched my tub I can day it is a big bunch of work, by the time I have it finished I will have well over 100 hours in it at my speed. But well worth the time and work to make it conferrable to drive. I have a real 45 it is tight as I am just under 5’10”

Just as DomSmith & Coeman have pointed out, if you stretch ‘er out, your legs & back will sure be relieved....! why....you’ll jump out like a “spring chicken,” after a long hard ride.

I really regret not stretching my cab out. I remember a few 8 -10 hour treks in my truck when I was a sprout, even then, my foot at the gas pedal was in this inhuman position almost....hyperextended. o_O

Coeman at 5’10 was feeling it....I guarantee if you’re over 6 foot you’ll REALLY feel it ! I sense DomSmith is a big fella to, I can relate to him because he realizes COMFORT is the TLC (maniacs).. friend.

I had to fold myself up like a dam grasshopper and get out now and then before rigor mortis set in. Instead of stretching my cab I asked my brother-in-law if he could somehow do something like push the floor board where my pedal is into the engine compartment to make more room for me. Evidently that would be complicated so he changed up the pedal a tad bit. Hope it works...

73F37E6D-9D8C-4F7C-8B75-B7A9A0650C1A.jpeg

As ya start to “fossilize”...COMFORT begins to dominate the TOP of the list !

I appreciate all the comments about the cab. I am 5'7" so I don't feel too restricted by the stock cab size. I have driven some fixed top 45s before that were tighter. For me the advantage to stretching the cab is having some space behind the seat to stow a few things and just trying to get the proportions correct. I have not convinced myself that the stretch for my use would be worth the work.

I'm 5' 8" and have a 78' lwb. I installed a 79' and newer seat with a raised seat base that gives me a little more leg room. I drove it from northern Alabama to Ouray last August and was comfortable for the duration of the trip. The last leg of the trip was 20 hours straight through from Castle rock to Huntsville. Other than being old and tired there was no extreme physical fatigue from a poor seating arrangement. Just my $0.02 worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom