SOLD Fj45 LPB Jack Hold down clamp (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dustin Messina

SILVER Star
Threads
I am looking for the clamp to hold down my jack. I’m interested in anything that would have been under the seat of a 65 45lpb. I have nothing. Stole the screen shot but using it for a reference.

93C1D617-1671-4F7A-AED1-9194855526A2.png

You don’t have an under seat tool box in your ‘65?

Id love a tool but, but not on the 65!

I know I have a second jack hold down clamp some where. These are the same setup used in the FJ55 during some years. Three bolt pattern is the same as the FJ45LP-B.

I know I have a second jack hold down clamp some where. These are the same setup used in the FJ55 during some years. Three bolt pattern is the same as the FJ45LP-B.

good to know. If you find it please let me know!

Not sure if the FJ45LP-B and FJ55 may be a little different. Remember both of mine have a wing nut. I remember pulling one from a FJ55 in a wrecking yard and the other was bought off eBay. Can't remember how that one was listed.
Think they came with a wing nut. It´s easier an faster to open but..
....not abnormal that wingnuts did not want to turn and then one or both wings break.

Then you use instead of a wing nut a normal nut.
Who has a spare wing nut ?... nobody.
And who buy 1 new wing nut? ....nobody.. you use a normal nut instead... that´s normal.;)

Went a head and snagged the one listed in add. wing nut is easier to replace than this whole assembly, but it will probably never happen.

Think they came with a wing nut. It´s easier an faster to open but..
....not abnormal that wingnuts did not want to turn and then one or both wings break.

Then you use instead of a wing nut a normal nut.
Who has a spare wing nut ?... nobody.
And who buy 1 new wing nut? ....nobody.. you use a normal nut instead... that´s normal.;)

Guess that's why I've never considered myself normal or average. It would probably have require some type of tool to break a wing on the nut. These were not some light weight nut. More on line with those used on the air cleaner and battery hold down. If the PO actually did break it was probably because he didn't do something as simple as using a little oil off the engine dip stick to lube the threads when he was having a problem. This is one of those things that rarely gets used and forgetting later when the nut is getting harder to move then normal. But just using what is at hand when you noticed prevents broken parts later. Think working to do things the right way verses the easy Way has forced me to use the best tool I own. That is the one between my ears. As I get older I'm hoping using it it will continue working longer. :cheers:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom