FJ45 Is Down (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1978 FJ45 is down. The transmission is gone. This is my daily driver so I need to get moving on it. I'm here in Fort Worth and have posted a message to Texican and anxiously awaiting a reply.

Does anyone have other suggestions as to the best way to contact him or if there is another route I should go.
Thanks,

And now I see he has had some recent health issues. I hope he is doing better.

I am in fort worth and may be able to help. But I wont have time to do anything till after the round up.

I am in fort worth and may be able to help. But I wont have time to do anything till after the round up.
I appreciate the quick reply. Give me a holler when you get back. I definitely need to join the club and get involved. The amount of help you get here is incredible. I'll send a PM with my contact info.

Guys in the Austin club might have what you need as far as parts. mike

Mike thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'll be in San Antonio this week and will get on it when I get back.

Doesn't arcteryx here on mud sell parts. He may have a used tranny you can get easily.

exactly! what transmission do you needed?

georg

grant5127 has his shop up and going out in Meridian, he may be able to help.

possibly a transfer case too... or the more likely of the two.

I have a H42 tranny already pulled if you need one, and am in Austin. I am guessing that Texican is either out or en route to Roundup today. Unsure what connectivity is out at mason. I am headed out Friday and could take it if someone can bring it back.

Regardless if you need mine or not, hope you get the 45 back on the road soon, love the pickups!

Thanks for all the replies. I've been out of pocket for a while working on a house in San Antonio. I need a 4 speed. Not sure about a transfer case. I guess as long as I'm doing to might as well do it all.

I say tcase as after talking with Butch, we both agreed the transmissions on these things are pretty stout. It is still plausible, just not as likely.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

862903_4588341471497_1941790425_n.jpg

Did the tab that holds the idler shaft fall off and the idler shaft move. Looks to me like the shim is missing and the gears slid into the case.

No oil....... As in none zip nada zero......

Yeah it hurts. Thanks for working on it. I can't wait to get it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom