Wanted Fj45 drivers seat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

whitey45

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for an 65 thru 67 fj45 Driver’s seat, pretty sure a 40 seat is the same. Have the correct base, just need lower and upper frame.

This was in my ‘63 FJ45, but it’s not a ‘63 seat frame. This looks pretty much like what’s in my ‘65 FJ40 that I recovered. It’s got the adjuster base but it’s frozen up, I suspect some pb blaster would free it. It’s missing the back plate, has the bottom plate. Springs all there, back tilt works. And rust is also included lol. You probably saw this when you checked this rig out before I brought it to Idaho (?). I thought about fixing this up for my ‘63 but I think it will be too “thick” as you know there ain’t much room in these SWB fixed tops and I definitely don’t need an adjustable seat cuz it will be as far back as it can go all the time. I need a seat that’s probably like what’s in the FJ25s, mostly just a flat padded seat. Same connection to floor in rear, sits on tool box like this one, but it needs to have the close together tool box tabs (7”) vs what this one has (11” IIRC). If you have something like that and are interested in this we could trade in part. Let me know. Paul
IMG_1032.JPG

I've got one with the base. shipping won't be easy.
Paul

Last one i had shipped they just stuck a label on it. You just need the seat correct? I may have just the seat as i used the base. I will look as well. might not be till this weekend. Puppy school starts this week.

Shipped be there Thurs.

This was in my ‘63 FJ45, but it’s not a ‘63 seat frame. "
That is a fixed top 45 drivers seat. If i recall they unclip from the toolbox and can be used as a camp chair. Different seat than removable top.

Hey TAC - I have a fixed top 45 SWB but this seat isn’t correct for it because the clips are too wide for my tool box. I need a seat that has clip brackets around 7” apart. The only ones I’ve seen pics of that look close are from FJ25 rigs.

Here is a pic of my toolbox and clips
IMG_1038.JPG

The clip brackets on this seat are around 11” wide. But the pins in the back are correct for the brackets in my rig.

Last edited:
zoom out on that toolbox.. Is it triangulated? I have the tool box out of a swb Fixed top 45 at the house and can measure for you to compare.

yes triangulated.
D1861436-E863-46C5-85D7-E9BE895EE003.jpeg

Last edited:
If the 63 fixed top driver's seat is like the 40 series seat for the angled tool box it will have a tube frame and require loosening four bolts to adjust movement front to back.

LP - if you have a pic of such or a parts manual illustration that shows that design I’d appreciate seeing it.

LP - if you have a pic of such or a parts manual illustration that shows that design I’d appreciate seeing it.

Missed this post which is why I try quote if I want a response. I have a early FJ40 seat off of a the cruiser if your still looking for a picture of what they look like?

Thanks. Yes I'm still hunting down what the early seats look like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom