FJ40 wheels wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking for a set of 40 steelies if anyone has a set lying around.
I have a brand new st powder coated w 10 tires. I have been thinking about selling them and going to 16”
Send me a DM and I’ll call you

It shouldn't matter if you are putting them on the old 40 but there is a difference in the wheels, iirc 1975 and newer are slightly different to clear disc brakes (welded not riveted). The new can go on the old but not vice-versa. Only would matter if you were going to throw 60 knuckles amd discs at it someday.

You likely already know all of this :)

I have some also. Original patina, some with rubber. They would need Pat’s help.
"Will work for Makers Mark 46, or Woodward Reserve"

Mine will fit disc

E23D6354-2317-450E-8CAA-112B09FDE790.jpeg

We’ve had some good times with the assistance of Makers Mark 46, thanks to you...

Has anyone tried the 16” wheels?
The City Racer wheels? I have seen them and they look great but not ridden in a truck with them. They are skinny like the original 40 wheel so a 235/85 (31"x 9 ish) or a 255/85 (33"x10") works well.

The other option is to use Wheel Vintiques Smoothie wheels and mod the 40 series caps to work. Isn't super awesome but can work.

@Ocho77 , Brad Haan probably has more too, but they are pretty rough. @Crush 4 those wheels look nice!

The City Racer wheels? I have seen them and they look great but not ridden in a truck with them. They are skinny like the original 40 wheel so a 235/85 (31"x 9 ish) or a 255/85 (33"x10") works well.
Yep and drop RPM by 300.

I have a brand new st powder coated w 10 tires. I have been thinking about selling them and going to 16”
Send me a DM and I’ll call you

If Ocho isn't interested in your wheels and tires please message me what you have (tire brand, size and wheel brand plus price). Thanks, Ed

If Ocho isn't interested in your wheels and tires please message me what you have (tire brand, size and wheel brand plus price). Thanks, Ed
Will do
33x10.5
Lots a tread but 10 years old
5 rims and tires
Rims were bought brand new last year and powder coated. Maybe 100 miles
Need to think about price?
Hub caps not included

image.jpg

image.jpg

New wheels from Mr T are around 100 (plus shipping), and new caps are like $15. The wheels are satin black though. On your truck, black should be the correct color but I think they were gloss black. Up til '67 when they changed to grey

New wheels from Mr T are around 100 (plus shipping), and new caps are like $15. The wheels are satin black though. On your truck, black should be the correct color but I think they were gloss black. Up til '67 when they changed to grey
I think I paid 90 per rim and PC was 250 I think

The 33's are to tall for mine also. Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom